Replacement Screen or Wind Deflector recommendations???

Hi does this screen come with the additional spoiler?

The Vario range all have the additional spoiler, but the Vario spoiler is smaller than the X-Creen (Also from MRA) The Vario works for me though, with a set of Mark Hooten's screen braces to stop any flapping about :)

Thanks dude. Looks good. £20 is a bargain too. Where did you have the wrap done? I guess the down side is that it is opaque. I had a full tint GSA screen previously, but could still see (a bit) through it....which is handy for bricks in the fast lane etc! :) I definitely prefer the GS screen which is narrower. Slightly more wind on the shoulders, but cleaner air somehow and better vision. I might bite the bullet and get a tinted one for touring, if the 'rallye' screen doesn't do the business on the motorways (but I think the 'pay back' is on the mountain passes, where the shorter screen is more fun - and maximum vision). I note the tinted visor on the Schuberth. Wonder if a full tint is available for the BMW flip up (2016)? The internal tinted flip down is excellent, but I miss the full tint 'look'. :)

To be fair it took the guy 5 mins if that. I don't think he could have charged a lot more even if it was just the screen.

I might keep the spoiler but add the GS tinted screen and give it a go for more air. I have a longer body than legs so I sit quite high on the GSA and with the GoPro on the helmet the spoiler is there really to stop the buffeting off the GoPro.

Not sure about the full tint on the BMW helmets. Are they still made by schuberth?

The Vario range all have the additional spoiler, but the Vario spoiler is smaller than the X-Creen (Also from MRA) The Vario works for me though, with a set of Mark Hooten's screen braces to stop any flapping about :)

Thanks for that,
notice that the Vario screen from this seller are for year 2013
BMW R 1200 GS Adventure TripleBlack ABS 2013 MRA Touring Screen Vario Smoke Grey
presume that means 2013 onwards I have a 2016 GSA

I've got one on a GSA, physically it's smaller than the stock GSA screen, but airflow wise it's much better

Seller was brooksbarnparts in Wales

4e0bcce321af4557c5f1b2d303f98722.jpg

Hi does this screen come with the additional spoiler?

Yes it does. This is what makes the big difference for me. Spend some time trying the different angles. I also bought a bracket to stop any movement when at speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope the OP won't mind be asking for folk's advice around a related item, which is a low shield / deflector for the GS. My situation is that I don't get much head buffeting to speak of but do get quite a bit of buffering at the lower sides of the chest region. Wunderlich sell a lower wind guard piece, though it's a very pretty penny

http://www.wunderlich.de/shop/en/wunderlich-screen-wind-guard-comfort-r-1200-gs-lc-42711-106-1.html

Has anybody tried this or anything like it and, if so, how well did it work for you?

Also, can anybody tell me how much of a match wunderlich smoked grey is to the oem tint (which I have)?

Thanks.

4 hours of riding just over 200 miles and I fully admit, your set up is the best yet. Love it. Better than the Puig screen imo. Puig is great if you don't use a GoPro but the easiest and best by miles is the x-creen on top of the GSA screen.

Glad it's worked for you too :beerjug:

For any GSA rider, it's also the cheapest/easiest option, whilst maintaining an original BMW screen.

Hi guys

which X-creen did you get? there seem to be two different one, The touring version and the smaller sports version. Also how dark is the smoked tint

Thanks

Hi guys

which X-creen did you get? there seem to be two different one, The touring version and the smaller sports version. Also how dark is the smoked tint

Thanks

Not very dark at all. Got touring.

a596e2bd74d3521bcde947409d4a38b6.png
9da0ca89ad9a1eb4ca3efc2b65f9a4bd.jpg

Here is the tall MRA screen with the x-screen addition. (slight tint)
I can now ride at 50 with my visor up.

It wobbles a little behind trucks but it can still be moved and lowered if needed in hot weather.

So far I'm liking it over the original.
a112d8e6f5072fab63a5bf5298cd7923.jpg
d2854f318c15e228ae72a292c685a5fe.jpg

R1200GSA TB

@w-w,

The trick isn't to make the screen as long as possible but to make a channel between to two to spread out and dilute the buffeting ;)

Play around with it in a few positions and see how you get on. I point mine away from the main screen and it works flawlessly.

5d079dbe71bdf0089940f41aae865fc1.png

Top man, you are absolutely right, I've adjusted mine like yours and its even better.

Oddly my fuel consumption has dropped!

R1200GSA TB

Just to add: I have used the standard GS screen, the (Givi copy) GSA screen, the complete MRA X-creen and finally the GSA screen with the touring x-creen spoiler. The last combination is by far the best for me. I have the screen set pretty much as low as it will go with the spoiler set low and more upright than the screen. I have the Cymarc brackets too which stiffen it all up - it still moves about but I imagine it would be very floppy without them.

Just to add: I have used the standard GS screen, the (Givi copy) GSA screen, the complete MRA X-creen and finally the GSA screen with the touring x-creen spoiler. The last combination is by far the best for me. I have the screen set pretty much as low as it will go with the spoiler set low and more upright than the screen. I have the Cymarc brackets too which stiffen it all up - it still moves about but I imagine it would be very floppy without them.

Result! :thumb2

Best combo by far.

Back
Top Bottom