clutch

billywizz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Went up to Harrogate Yorkshire to day on the way home on m62 clutch would not pull in low gear. ok when I got some speed up in 5th &6st gear only done
5000 miles on new clutch? which is the best clutch that dos not make that burning smell and will last longer

It dont sound right, normally they slip in higher gear under acceleration.

You sure it's not the propshaft???

.... in fact I'd say that's more likely the culprit !!!

Went up to Harrogate Yorkshire to day on the way home on m62 clutch would not pull in low gear. ok when I got some speed up in 5th &6st gear only done
5000 miles on new clutch? which is the best clutch that dos not make that burning smell and will last longer

Was a complete new clutch unit fitted or just the fiction plate ? Fittng a new friction plate but using the old pressure and cover plate usually means a slipping clutch within 5k miles

You're a bit scant on the information front ....Is the bike an 1100 ? If so it may need adjusting once it's bedded in from new - the adjustment is at the clutch arm on the rear of the gearbox, it must have some loose play - hopefully you'll catch it in time and not ruin the new clutch.

Didn't he mention 6th gear? But I agree full details of the bike would make offering help a little easier. I do think if someone is expecting a sensible reply the ought to provide all the available info straight away,

John

sorry its a 2003 1150 gs going to take gearbox off to check dive shaft and will check the final drive as well . its going up and down in gear ok just got a new full clutch just in case £193 from motor bins.

Just a thought.....before going to the trouble of taking gearbox out wouldn't it be an idea to remove prop shaft and check that first? If it's ok then you can remove gearbox with or without the prop shaft re-installed. Also, have you checked that the clutch lever is not catching on the hand guards, thus not allowing new clutch to seat back fully on the fly wheel?

Back
Top Bottom