Troubled gs

The throttle cables could be out of sync as problem only surfaced after I had tank up to charge battery.I 'll check when I get home.Tadgh I live in Clonmel co Tipp so if your ever in area drop in for a chat for sure.

The throttle cables could be out of sync as problem only surfaced after I had tank up to charge battery.

That's almost definitely your problem, then. See this link for details: http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/92541-Why-s-My-Bike-Running-Rough-A-Common-Fault

Tadgh I live in Clonmel co Tipp so if your ever in area drop in for a chat for sure.

I was actually working in Clonmel yesterday. :)
I'll give you a shout the next time I'm in the area.

Lost interest in this bike for a few weeks but returned for a look wed night.removed fuel filter and pump and cleaned out tank.put back together and same.I then just had a slow look through wiring again re checking every thing.I gave the 2 wires that go to bottom of coil (low tension side)a pull and they pulled away from the connector,leaving the connector still stuck to coil.Sensing this was my problem I removed coil and plugged on the now connector less wires as best I could and she fired up and ran faultlessly ,no crazy rev counter or cutting out.Tadhg you were nearest the money when you said the coil I should have had a good old fashioned root through wiring before ordering hall sensors (2 !!).The plastic connector was plugged on good and tight but the contacts had disintegrated inside.My next issue is to get one of these connectors to get back on the road.I might try a car breakers as not many gs s scrapped here.I really appreciate all your help lads it gives me hope when people I don't know take their own time to try and get me back on the road.

The glory of UKGSer! Proper, helpful info freely given by people with a common interest. I suspect Tadgh is the Irish Steptoe:aidan
I had a problem with my brake light this time last year; flickering like a mad disco as soon as the ignition was switched on even without the brakes being applied. I posted on here and checked out all the suggested causes/fixes without success, then Tadgh suggested checking the bulb contacts in the light socket for arcing/corrosion. This revealed some oxidised crud on the contacts (like you used to have to scrape off the points in the days when I still had hair!) scraped this off, quick splosh of ACF50 to stop recurrence and an instant fix that's still going one year later. Why people bitch about the subscription fee is beyond me when we have access to this level of free support for £12.00/year is beyond me.:nenau

Still haven't met Tadgh yet, but the offer of a beer or twelve in grateful payment still stands:beer:

The glory of UKGSer! Proper, helpful info freely given by people with a common interest. I suspect Tadgh is the Irish Steptoe:aidan

Seconded - this is a great forum, loads of people who have been there and got the Tee shirt, so to speak and are only too willing to share their knowledge and help people out :thumby:

Steptoe deserves special praise as a couple of times he's helped me out, once with an abs problem I thought was gonna cost me hundreds, but he was bang on the money and pinpointed it to nothing more than a bit of corrosion on the abs switch that was sorted out for the price of a squirt of WD40, I owe him a :beer::beer::beer: or three !!

Back
Top Bottom