Schuberth E1

My personal thoughts on this are if as I did I got a 2017 radiant white for £450 when they are advertised between £599-630 then the local dealer neads to rethink his profits and not screw us or they will go out of business very soon it's up to them as the big boys won't care[/QUOTE]

It's not that the local dealer is ripping you off, it's more a case of them having to compete with a business that is online only, doesn't have the same overheads of staff, rent, rates, etc, etc. Some of these online companies are happy to make £10 on a £300+ product because it's only a box to them.

My personal thoughts on this are if as I did I got a 2017 radiant white for £450 when they are advertised between £599-630 then the local dealer neads to rethink his profits and not screw us or they will go out of business very soon it's up to them as the big boys won't care

It's not that the local dealer is ripping you off, it's more a case of them having to compete with a business that is online only, doesn't have the same overheads of staff, rent, rates, etc, etc. Some of these online companies are happy to make £10 on a £300+ product because it's only a box to them.[/QUOTE]
Totally agree but my local shop (infinity smart rider ) are a big chain and helmet city in Chichester (who also are a chain store ) did it ar the better price

My personal thoughts on this are if as I did I got a 2017 radiant white for £450 when they are advertised between £599-630 then the local dealer neads to rethink his profits and not screw us or they will go out of business very soon it's up to them as the big boys won't care

It's not that the local dealer is ripping you off, it's more a case of them having to compete with a business that is online only, doesn't have the same overheads of staff, rent, rates, etc, etc. Some of these online companies are happy to make £10 on a £300+ product because it's only a box to them.[/QUOTE]

All very plausible until you factor in that Helmet City, where the lowest prices quoted here are from, is a local store with the showroom, service and overheads you refer to.
Its a hundred miles from me but I rode there to buy my helmet and then did it again to buy my wife's.

I have used an E1 over two european trips - so used in all weathers and over about 6500 miles.
Found it to be very comfortable over some long days in the saddle.
At 5'10" behind a GS screen I found very little turbulence for most of the time.
Often found riding with visor a little open gave good ventilation or fully open when 30+ degrees - without any issues.
My first peaked helmet and was pretty sceptical about the benefit of that but now a definite convert.
In bright glaring overhead sunshine the peak is more useful than I had imagined for giving shade over your eyes, better than shaded visor or sun glasses.
Turbulence is apparent at 'certain speeds' in 'certain wind conditions' - can't really specify more than that.
i.e. has been absolutely fine on autobahns at 130km, but sometimes vibrates at 50kph on country lanes.
I've had the peak on for 95% of the journey, all road types but mostly tarmac.
Only issues have been the pinlock started to mist up on the last trip. possibly because I left the helmet in a pannier overnight in heavy rain?
Other than that I find it excellent and would recommend from my experience.
:thumb2

I bought one to match the new Rallye was advised by infinity go go one size up as they come up tight !! ordered it with the comms package cost almost £800 absolutely hated it the coms was impossible to use with gloves on so had to cut the tip off of the glove for my for finger to operate it !!
peak vibrated so bad it was silly, the advice from Infinity was pure crap and it was too big
sold it on here and lost £350 in 2 weeks

My Neotec is by far a better lid and is quieter for me, as is my NEXX with the Xcom comms
I really wouldnt buy another one

I bought one to match the new Rallye was advised by infinity go go one size up as they come up tight !! ordered it with the comms package cost almost £800 absolutely hated it the coms was impossible to use with gloves on so had to cut the tip off of the glove for my for finger to operate it !!
peak vibrated so bad it was silly, the advice from Infinity was pure crap and it was too big

My Neotec is by far a better lid and is quieter for me, as is my NEXX with the Xcom comms

That sucks. Does your Rallye have the small screen fitted?

Also bought one from Infinity and then had them retrofit the SENA 10U, the comms in my opinion are amazing, I've never had phone calls before when people don't realise I'm on the bike. The only issue I have is the chin piece is a bit close to my mouth (I do have big lips though). I am 6"2' and have a Wunderlich screen and ride 90% of the time with the sun shade down and visor fully open. If I stand up over 30mph I find it cooler with the visor fully closed, the vents work really well. Haven't had any vibration on the peak. As for the comms with gloves, the remote on the bars works really well for me.

Took my E1 on a 180 ride out yesterday and I found it fantastic, peak does wobble a bit but not too bad, really quite and very impressed with the build quality and a bargain at £399 delivered - thanks helmet city

I bought one last week, Bikestop in stevenage wanted £599 and wouldn't shift a penny even though I saw what they pay for them £389. The manager quickly hid the prices when he knew I spotted them. I asked again if there was any money off buy he flatly refused.
I went home and ordered one from helmet city and it arrived the next day - £399 delivered to my door.
Not used it yet but really pleased with the quality etc
My advice would be go to your local stockest and try it for size then order one from helmet city.

Mark, I thought you were a HBAM member? I thought they normally give at least 10% discount to HBAM members on prodding me,bership card

Evening all. Does anyone have any issues with the pinlock in these helmets. Wondering if they’re like the C4’s (useless pinlock - might as well not be on).

Back
Top Bottom