Schuberth E1

Yes. Like it but its a bit of a fashion statement to go with the 'Adventure' look. Peak can vibrate a little bit at speed and create a slight bit of wind noise. Ive got a C3 and C3 Pro (must have a sale). The C3 was a tad tight on the forehead the C3 Pro resolved that. The E1 is just as comfortable and equally quiet other than the slight peak generated noise.
Bottom line is, as usual, if it doesn't fit your head shape then any helmet no matter the cost will be crap.

Thank you - the only issue I've ever had with any brand was an Arai R7 GP replica. That was too noisy. Every brand seems to fit ok.

Is it a pinlock visor?

i have one.

the peak is very easy/quick to detach and most of the time i ride without it. I put it on if going on a long slow journey or in rain/low sun or somewhere like Norway that has low speed limits. Its literally a ten second job and the peak can go in top box or or big pocket in jacket as the peak material is fairly bendy.

The drop down sun visor is great as is build quality hence I don`t use the peak much.

the main reason i bought it is that i like riding with it flipped up when in cities and when up it doesn`t feel awkwark or cumbersome at all. you can still have the sun visor down in this position.

for me its no quieter than other well fitting helmets but without the visor there is no vibration at all and it seems therefore to cut through the air better than other modern helmets i have including the Tour X.

i havent fitted coms to it as I personally dont like the idea of distractions when riding a bike. muppet drivers are enough to think about in the UK !

I have one, ridden probably > 5000 miles with it. I like the peak, but it took a couple of days to get it in the optimum position.

I had a Shoei Neotec before, which was noisy and leaked.

Would definitely consider another.

I have one and it's a quality lid, I love just about everything about it in terms of build quality, sun visor, chin strap etc but as mentioned the peak vibrates so I took it off as I don't see much benefit from it.. I've been told that painting it a couple of times really reduces the vibes, or glueing a small weight to the bottom.. I haven't had it long and recently found out on a 2 hour motorway ride that it puts pressure on my forehead so have contemplated selling it (it's a size large 59cm and my shoei x spirit is a 58cm and first amazingly) but also hoping it beds in.. Not sure what to do yet as I have also fitted the excellent src comms so stands me at a fair few £!!

I've got one and think it's great. Ventilation is superb and visor detaches easily. Comfort is spot on but that of course depends on the persons head! Mine seems to be a good fit.

All I have to do is set up my packtalk and I am good to go so will give my views when I get back from my trip to the Black Forest

I bought one last week, Bikestop in stevenage wanted £599 and wouldn't shift a penny even though I saw what they pay for them £389. The manager quickly hid the prices when he knew I spotted them. I asked again if there was any money off buy he flatly refused.

I went home and ordered one from helmet city and it arrived the next day - £399 delivered to my door.

Not used it yet but really pleased with the quality etc

My advice would be go to your local stockest and try it for size then order one from helmet city.

My advice would be go to your local stockest and try it for size then order one from helmet city.[/QUOTE]

This is why our independent shops are disappearing, when they are all gone, where are you going to try on a helmet to buy somewhere else?

My advice would be go to your local stockest and try it for size then order one from helmet city.

This is why our independent shops are disappearing, when they are all gone, where are you going to try on a helmet to buy somewhere else?[/QUOTE]
My personal thoughts on this are if as I did I got a 2017 radiant white for £450 when they are advertised between £599-630 then the local dealer neads to rethink his profits and not screw us or they will go out of business very soon it's up to them as the big boys won't care

In recent years I have bought helmets from Helmet City at West Bay and Infinity Smartriders, in their shops, both are very helpful. I'm always suspicious of helmets bought on line, check the build dates.

There are times to buy new gear, now isn't one of them !

Back
Top Bottom