Bike Security - Pragmasis Chain

I just wanted to share this with you.

I bought a Pragmasis 13mm - 2 Meter Noose Security Chain with a Gold standard lock for securing the bike when I'm away.

I know it should always be attached to a ground anchor, or another bike etc. But SOMETIMES there isn't many options.

So scratching my head, what the hell do I attach it to? I tried this option?

Both wheels are locked together, chain is completely off the ground. Yes its open to be lifted and carried away, but my circumstances were on a secured park... so unlikely.

The 2 Meter Noose Chain was literally perfect for the last link in the chain to be secured on a wire wheeled GSA

What do you think?

Attachments

• Security1.jpg
    Security1.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 1,313
  • Security2.jpg
    Security2.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 1,201
  • Security3.jpg
    Security3.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 1,333
  • Security4.jpg
    Security4.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 1,225
More Pics....

Attachments

• Security6.jpg
    Security6.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 1,272
  • Security7.jpg
    Security7.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 1,206
  • Security11.jpg
    Security11.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 1,288
.... and unlike a disc lock, no way can you forget this is attached. :eek:

very good. would it be any more secure than a disk lock on the front and back wheel? appreciate that ideally bike would be secured to a lamp post or something

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I like it, as you say it's not as good as locking it to something but when that's not an option it's not bad.
The only problem I see is the weight.
That chain probably weighs more than the rest of my luggage combined.

very good. would it be any more secure than a disk lock on the front and back wheel? appreciate that ideally bike would be secured to a lamp post or something

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

No idea. But weren't these scumbags breaking disclocks somehow?

I like it, as you say it's not as good as locking it to something but when that's not an option it's not bad.
The only problem I see is the weight.
That chain probably weighs more than the rest of my luggage combined.

It is heavy, but I just spent 400 miles with it in my top box and panniers full of luggage and I was throwing the bike around on the twisties with no adverse affects to my speed or ride.

Just set up suspension setting appropriately and off I went.

And remember this chain is designed to wrap around an immovable object really, so I'm carrying it for that purpose, with the above remedy as a back up plan.

Just sometimes when you arrive there is nothing available close, without moving it to a potentially more perilous or remote place to anchor it.

My point really is, any thing less than a 2 meter noose chain removes the above option of linking wheels through centre stand.

So it appears a 2 meter noose gives you more options.

That looks good, but I'd make sure the exposed area of the chain can't make contact with the wheel. That's gonna go through the finish in no time.

That looks good, but I'd make sure the exposed area of the chain can't make contact with the wheel. That's gonna go through the finish in no time.

Agree. Can you cut the sheath and slide it along a bit so you just expose the required link? You could hold it in place with a couple of tie wraps.

I do like that solution, but as others have said its a bit weighty.

Yes you could buy another short piece of cover.

Agree. Can you cut the sheath and slide it along a bit so you just expose the required link? You could hold it in place with a couple of tie wraps.

I do like that solution, but as others have said its a bit weighty.

Actually thats a good idea. I'll have a look, see what can be done.

Just fitted one of the Ground Anchors.

Thought I'd show some pics. This is the Torc Ground Anchor, permanent Fixture into Concrete Floor.

Ball Bearings fixed into bolts also.

Attachments

• Ground1.jpg
    Ground1.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 1,007
  • Ground2.jpg
    Ground2.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 1,000
  • Ground3.jpg
    Ground3.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 1,024
  • Ground4.jpg
    Ground4.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 1,079
Thought it was quite a neat fitting and fixed it at the end of the floor tile, so the tile can still be lifted and removed.

They make some excellent stuff, when funds allow I'm upgrading my security to one of their chains and ground anchors for the back and will put my existing Oxford hard-core chain and anchor on the front along with the alarm disk lock.
I live in a scummy area so along with that is cctv and my garage attached to the house alarm.

On a side note, a carpeted garage?

On a side note, a carpeted garage?

They are old exhibition tiles that are used at large events for high wear tread areas.

My mate gave me them a few years ago.

Rather than paint my garage floor (which always flakes) I now use these.

They're rubber backed, quite thick so don't get displaced when driving onto them. They can easily be trimmed to fit and dont move about.

They don't get thread bare like carpet and oil wipes off them.

Warm in Winter and if you keep it tidy, you always find that lost bolt or clip midway through a job.

They work really well and look tidy.

I've been using this pragmasis set up for last 3 years. Top quality kit and easy to fit to bike.:thumb2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 1,005

Back
Top Bottom