Bike Security - Pragmasis Chain

I've been using this pragmasis set up for last 3 years. Top quality kit and easy to fit to bike.:thumb2

Looks good.

I'm waiting for the next production run of pins.

What size pin did you use?

Agree. Can you cut the sheath and slide it along a bit so you just expose the required link? You could hold it in place with a couple of tie wraps.

I do like that solution, but as others have said its a bit weighty.

As above suggestion sounded like a good idea, and easily done, I had a go at adjusting the cover to suit. Works well for when out riding and need a remote solution to just immobilise the bike.

Attachments

• Chain1.jpg
    Chain1.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 890
  • Chain2.jpg
    Chain2.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 961
  • Chain3.jpg
    Chain3.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 914
  • Chain5.jpg
    Chain5.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 920
Overall happy with that idea. :thumb

Attachments

• Chain6.jpg
    Chain6.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 928
Looks good.

I'm waiting for the next production run of pins.

What size pin did you use?

Oops sorry, only just seen your post. It's 30cm long.

This set up was perfect on my LC but doesn't work on the XR so I'll probably sell it.

Spoke with David Briggs and got my pin today. Looks like new batch is ready
Mike

Yes, spoke with him earlier and ordered the 290mm pin. Should be here Wednesday. :thumb

That looks good, but I'd make sure the exposed area of the chain can't make contact with the wheel. That's gonna go through the finish in no time.

Sorry Nutty, just noticed it was your idea as well.

Anti-Pinch Pin arrived today so got that fitted with the Squire Padlock designed and modified to fit the 19mm chain.

I bought some black 10mm thick neoprene foam, which I cut into an oversized disc which now sits between the pin head washer and my wheel. So although you can't see anything in the picture, the 10mm neoprene foam is pressed against my wheel paintwork rather than the steel washer (washer also stops the wheel nuts being undone).

I know the chain should be off the ground (but I need to be able to move around the bike in the garage, if the ground anchor is nearer to the bike it becomes a trip hazard when moving the bike), and this is the last line of defence, so if they've got this far, lots of other things have failed or been breached (and I'll have some interesting conversations with some companies).

I had my 13mm Pragmasis chain unused, so I thought I'd wack that on as well. Doesn't take long and it'll just be a pain in the arse for anyone trying to move it (except me). :beerjug:

Attachments

• Pinch Pin1.jpg
    Pinch Pin1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 962
  • Pinch Pin2.jpg
    Pinch Pin2.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 1,112
  • Pinch Pin3.jpg
    Pinch Pin3.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 1,008
Looks like a sweet set-up that should stop most people.
Unfortunately the advent if battery angle grinders means it's all but impossible to stop everyone but how far is it practicable to go?
I like the look of the pin, one will be coming my way as soon as funds alow.

Looks like a sweet set-up that should stop most people.
Unfortunately the advent if battery angle grinders means it's all but impossible to stop everyone but how far is it practicable to go?
I like the look of the pin, one will be coming my way as soon as funds alow.

Thanks.

My pin was 290mm in length, just for info.

Nice set up you have there, hopefully the garage door is suitably protected...dont answer that eh!

I use a couple of double doofer ground anchors, one mounted in the floor and one on the wall and use three 19mm pragmasis chains each with a cs 65 Squire padlock to link three bikes together.

And I rarely leave a bike on show on the driveway. At the end of the day if they really want to take a bike they'll have to bloomin work hard for it

cheers

Nice set up you have there, hopefully the garage door is suitably protected...dont answer that eh!

I use a couple of double doofer ground anchors, one mounted in the floor and one on the wall and use three 19mm pragmasis chains each with a cs 65 Squire padlock to link three bikes together.

And I rarely leave a bike on show on the driveway. At the end of the day if they really want to take a bike they'll have to bloomin work hard for it

cheers

Garage door is ridiculously protected. It would be easier to grind out a hole in the wall.

Only so much we can do, but making it hard work is all that can be expected.

I'm installing a ground anchor on my driveway as well !!

Mainly as I need to let the bike cool down after a ride and let exhaust fumes dissipate

I'm installing a ground anchor on my driveway as well !!

Mainly as I need to let the bike cool down after a ride and let exhaust fumes dissipate

I must remember not to stop at the traffic lights when passing through Walsall.

I must remember not to stop at the traffic lights when passing through Walsall.

Haha, yeah they never do in Solihull anyway. (By the way I was born in Solihull and my family live on Monkspath and Knowle)..

So I know what goes on there, you're not immune.:p

Burglary and theft statistics are HIGHER in Solihull than Walsall. I kid you not, so its me that shouldn't hang about in Solihull when I'm passing through.

Lol

Ground anchor on the driveway isn't because I live in a rough street, far from it.

Its because most insurance policies wont cover you if the bike is left on the driveway, wherever you live.

So as I change broker every year (to get a competitive price), I dont want to find out it wasnt insured if stolen off the driveway.

I can take hours messing about with my bike outside, washing, cleaning, in and out of the house getting stuff. All the time its on the driveway not insured. Thats not fair!!

As I have an integral garage, I dont like putting my bike away immediately as it fills the garage with exhaust fumes (which contribute to damage helmet liners and my other kit) and its unpleasant.

So I let the bike cool down for 5 minutes outside first.

Makes sense to lock it up, why wouldnt you?

I ride a Blood Bike which when on Duty I need to leave it outside for 10-15 minutes as its a menace otherwise if I get called out again.

So a driveway anchor solves these issues. Its common sense?

If you think you are immune from driveway theft, wherever you live, with a risk which is increasing all the time now, epidemic in London and spreading. So better safe than sorry.

These bikes are worth £17,000 to over £20,000 with farkles and accessories attached. So mine is getting locked up.

Haha, yeah they never do in Solihull anyway. (By the way I was born in Solihull and my family live on Monkspath and Knowle)..

So I know what goes on there, you're not immune.:p

Burglary and theft statistics are HIGHER in Solihull than Walsall. I kid you not, so its me that shouldn't hang about in Solihull when I'm passing through.

Lol

Tell me about it. After living where we are for just a couple of years we were burgled. Cleaned the house out including my brand new 3 month old GSXR-1000 and the wife's car.

"They don't shit on their own doorstep". :headbat

Have you managed to get your Garmin Virb setup sorted yet? Wouldn't mind taking a look at it if you have and you're over this way sometime.

Tell me about it. After living where we are for just a couple of years we were burgled. Cleaned the house out including my brand new 3 month old GSXR-1000 and the wife's car.

"They don't shit on their own doorstep". :headbat

Have you managed to get your Garmin Virb setup sorted yet? Wouldn't mind taking a look at it if you have and you're over this way sometime.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. My Dad had his wheels stolen off his car some years ago, outside his house. So I know the woes and yes, as far as thefts go, they won't be shitting on their own doorstep you are right.

So hopefully, you can see where I am coming from now?

My Garmin Virbs have been ordered and should be with me on Friday. So I'll need a few days to get them set up and configured then I'd be more than happy to meet up and show you. Get you on camera as a demo if you want haha, stick it up on here with YouTube :beerjug:

My memory is crap, so I'll leave it to you to remind me.

I'll be posting up the kit on my other thread, so just let me know and I'll come over. :cool:

My mate had his whole house emptied and they cooked and ate a pizza from the freezer while they loaded up, they attempted 4 doors before they got in. Good locks but no house alarm.

But as for protecting the bike, its about slowing the bastards down , or in my view when out an about making it the hardest out of the row of bikes.

the trouble with paddlocks is shown here
Review Multipick's Kronos "Master Key"

Even a £150 lock is done in less than 3.5 minutes
start watching at 2.40
HUGE Squire SS80CS (Mauer NW4 Core) Padlock Picked and Gutted

Back
Top Bottom