Bike Security - Pragmasis Chain

I like the fact it fits through both front discs.

Its almost like having two disc locks fitted.

hopefully slow down the :moped: thieves.

Just checked the cost - good value!

Looks good but not the same as two disc locks, with this make one cut or jiggle one lock and both sides are free

Not saying it's easy to do either....

HI

I have already a Abus Granit 59. Do you think it worth the swap?

Thanks!

D

HI

I have already a Abus Granit 59. Do you think it worth the swap?

Thanks!

D

Only you can make that decision.

But looking at the specification I'd personally be happy using the Abus Granit 59.

I used my pramasis D-lock to secure my nice mountain bike while in town today.

Yep, used to to secure my GSA on Saturday, I'm happy enough with it.

My Roadlok will clear customs over weekend and should be delivered tomorrow.

So the two combined with chain anchored to something suitable should be a decent plan.

I like the idea of Roadlok as its easy to use and stops wheel rotating while D-Lock is applied. So cant forget and accidentally try and ride off.

Yep, used to to secure my GSA on Saturday, I'm happy enough with it.

My Roadlok will clear customs over weekend and should be delivered tomorrow.

So the two combined with chain anchored to something suitable should be a decent plan.

I like the idea of Roadlok as its easy to use and stops wheel rotating while D-Lock is applied. So cant forget and accidentally try and ride off.

+! I have D lock and Roadlok. That plus the pragmasis loop chain and locked to something solid when away. If they get through that they are welcome.

Have confession -made right knob of myself with D lock first time used. Parked in Windsor on incline on side stand. Came back to bike later on to find bloody d lock had caught on plastic of front fork guard and couldn't unlock. Plus Roadblock had engaged. Bike had shifted ever so slightly on side stand. Bloody torture sorting plus moving up incline fully loaded. Lucky ABS ring was still Ok.

Have confession -made right knob of myself with D lock first time used. Parked in Windsor on incline on side stand. Came back to bike later on to find bloody d lock had caught on plastic of front fork guard and couldn't unlock. Plus Roadblock had engaged. Bike had shifted ever so slightly on side stand. Bloody torture sorting plus moving up incline fully loaded. Lucky ABS ring was still Ok.

Ouch.

More Pics....

Just waking up this thread as it has been really good, so my setup now for travels is

Anti pinch pin and squire lock rear wheel

Roadlok + Abus 8008 with alarm front wheel

Rainguard size L cover

Not much more to do really and not to forget the LB of butter in the fridge

Just waking up this thread as it has been really good, so my setup now for travels is

Anti pinch pin and squire lock rear wheel

Roadlok + Abus 8008 with alarm front wheel

Rainguard size L cover

Not much more to do really and not to forget the LB of butter in the fridge

Well there are two more things to mention lol :D

1) It sounds daft and pointless, but ALWAYS apply your steering lock. Especially when paying for fuel on Petrol Forecourts.

Its nothing more than complying with your Insurance requirements to always apply your steering lock when left unattended.

2) Don't leave your keys in the bike.

Thats it really.

I know it's a bit over the top, but it really pisses me off that most insurance companies won't insure a motorcycle while its on the owners driveway, or within 1/4 mile of home (if it's registered as being 'Garaged')

How else are you supposed to wash the bike in the comfort of your own castle?

So I fitted a Torq Ground Anchor on the driveway, so I can actually bolt the bike down while I wash it. I know it sounds mad, and it is, but at least my mates can secure their bikes now when popping round for a chat, and I don't have that 'loophole' to contend with.

:blast

I know it's a bit over the top, but it really pisses me off that most insurance companies won't insure a motorcycle while its on the owners driveway, or within 1/4 mile of home (if it's registered as being 'Garaged')

So I fitted a Torq Ground Anchor on the driveway, so I can actually bolt the bike down while I wash it. I know it sounds mad, and it is, but at least my mates can secure their bikes now when popping round for a chat, and I don't have that 'loophole' to contend with.

No more mad than a load of other stuff you post about. You are pretty much bonkers, though... :p

I take the rear wheel off. It takes less than 2mins and I can clean behind it.

My new insurer from the 11th has no garage restrictions:p In simple terms it can stay on my drive without a lock. That was with Bennetts via AXA. Happy days

My new insurer from the 11th has no garage restrictions:p In simple terms it can stay on my drive without a lock. That was with Bennetts via AXA. Happy days

Just as a matter of interest, whats the total excess on your new policy...?

Back
Top Bottom