Another stupid renewal quote

Changed from RT to XR in April. Renewal come through from wicked quotes and they advised current underwriter won't offer terms on XR (even though they took the extra to change in April).
They offered one from Highway Insurance for £201. (Garaged, but does say it is covered outside house, except 10pm to 6am, if you know what I mean). Anyway, checked two comparison sites and best is £12 cheaper, so not worth the hassle to go elsewhere.
So can't really complain.
Out of interest RT was £135 last year.

Finally I choose Motorcycle Direct this year due to huge differences between them and recognised companies

They are ALL bastards, always trying it on with the punters. Why cant they be honest and fair with peeps ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just changing my RT for a GS Rallye Sport, currently insured with Devitt. Phoned them today and they said the underwriters don't recognize the bike as its new. Whilst I was on hold I went on Go Compare and got a quote from them as well as others. The guy then says it will cost me £300 to change, cheapest on line was £230 with MCE. TBH I think they are all bloody useless and wouldn't know customer service if it bit them on the arse. Waiting to speak to the underwriters tomorrow, if they ring me back as it took me 45 mins to get through to discuss if I cancel, pay them a cancellation fee and renew elsewhere. Dick Turpins the lot of them.

Just changing my RT for a GS Rallye Sport, currently insured with Devitt. Phoned them today and they said the underwriters don't recognize the bike as its new. Whilst I was on hold I went on Go Compare and got a quote from them as well as others. The guy then says it will cost me £300 to change, cheapest on line was £230 with MCE. TBH I think they are all bloody useless and wouldn't know customer service if it bit them on the arse. Waiting to speak to the underwriters tomorrow, if they ring me back as it took me 45 mins to get through to discuss if I cancel, pay them a cancellation fee �� and renew elsewhere. Dick Turpins the lot of them.

Devitt tried me with the cancellation fee charge. I told them to FRO thy weren't getting another penny from me (and they didn't) since the policy had only been going a few weeks and they wanted MORE money from me to cancel. They are all bastards every one of them, no loyalty to customers in any shape or form. We are paying up in the north for all the scroates pinching bikes in that there Londinium, feckin bad lot down there but we are having to pay for it.

With the insurer / broker you are happiest with when you've finished your trawl around the internet or your multiple phone calls.

Your final choice may well not be the same as mine, the same as Fat Bob Bikermate from Barnsley's or Even Fatter Bob Bikermate from Bridlington's but that's life, I'm afraid. If it does happen to be same? Well, isn't that just lovely, as you'll know who to blame when it all goes tits-up.

I went to school with Even Fatter Bob's brother.....small world isn't it ?

The other day SWMBO got the urge to have another bike.... we shook on a deal for a bike that took her fancy, rang Bennetts, organised cover immediately, then the deal fell through.
Rang bennetts a couple of hours later and explained the predicament. They cancelled without charging the £30 cancellation fee, and promised a refund for the first months payment thad I'd paid up front as I was taking the insurance out monthly.

The Bennetts customer services lady said 'lets be sensible- we won't charge you to cancel after only a few hours, the bike was obviously not meant to be'

Makes quite a change :thumb

The other day SWMBO got the urge to have another bike....................The Bennetts customer services lady said 'lets be sensible- we won't charge you to cancel after only a few hours, the bike was obviously not meant to be'

Interestingly, having been with CN for more years than I care to remember they came through with an outrageous renewal quote last week (a 100% increase) so I rang around and got the same cover on all my bikes (inc. breakdown) for less than I paid CN last year ~ that also was with Bennetts.

The thing that impressed me most though was the customer service at Bennetts.

The guy I spoke to was exceedingly knowledgeable, and actually phoned around and spoke to various insurers. He'd phone back and ask a few quick questions then get back onto the insurers and so on until he was happy. The whole process took him a morning and I ended up with two separate policies to cover all my bikes.
It must have been a huge amount of work for him to work through but he gained my respect and got me one of the most competitive quotes I've had in a long while :thumb2

Andres

The other day SWMBO got the urge to have another bike.... we shook on a deal for a bike that took her fancy, rang Bennetts, organised cover immediately, then the deal fell through.
Rang bennetts a couple of hours later and explained the predicament. They cancelled without charging the £30 cancellation fee, and promised a refund for the first months payment thad I'd paid up front as I was taking the insurance out monthly.

The Bennetts customer services lady said 'lets be sensible- we won't charge you to cancel after only a few hours, the bike was obviously not meant to be'

I'm glad that you had a pain-free experience with Bennets.
I thought they were cretins when, following a no blame accident, all they wanted to do was to appoint a claims management company to help me out.
All it would have done was increase the cost of a simple incident.

Mind you, I might have scored a new jacket helmet and had some compo for a bad knee....

Blimey, that's two happy Bennetts customers in a row then Andres :thumb2

I'm glad that you had a pain-free experience with Bennets.
I thought they were cretins when, following a no blame accident, all they wanted to do was to appoint a claims management company to help me out.
All it would have done was increase the cost of a simple incident.

Mind you, I might have scored a new jacket helmet and had some compo for a bad knee....

Suppose once you've paid your money you'll hope never to test their claims system

Back
Top Bottom