Another stupid renewal quote

TheWitcher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Could you please advise me where to insure my bike now because I just received a renewal from Bennetts for £740!!!
I did a quick quote on MCN and Go compare and I get as low as £230-£350 for the same cover.
Unfortunately cheaper was only Devitt, GoSkippy,etc..
Where to go now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had Bennetts last year and at this years renewal was quoted about £120 which was a sizeable (well for me anyway) increase. I did all the usual comparison sites and found the best offer was £80. Went back to Bennetts and they price matched so stayed with them. I couldn't ask for any more than that. I have fully comp with protected no claims on a 57 plate 1200GS and I'm 53 with decades of no claims although I think they only recognised a max of 9 years.

Got the quote from motorrad £411 treble what ipaid last year the same policy from Bennetts £200.

Could you please advise me where to insure my bike now

With the insurer / broker you are happiest with when you've finished your trawl around the internet or your multiple phone calls.

Your final choice may well not be the same as mine, the same as Fat Bob Bikermate from Barnsley's or Even Fatter Bob Bikermate from Bridlington's but that's life, I'm afraid. If it does happen to be same? Well, isn't that just lovely, as you'll know who to blame when it all goes tits-up.

Two similar quotes, one from Devitt or from Hastigs Direct.
Which one to choose?

Increase in bike thefts (particularly London's epidemic) must be having an impact across the board

Has the OP reached a decision in his 50-50 either-or and which one of two, conundrum?

Will it be the right one?

Does he need more help?

Will he need to be reasssured that his decision was definitely the right one?

Will he need to be informed that he's just made the worse mistake of his life, ruining it for him and all those close to him forever?

The spotlight is primed, ready to shine on him. Let's hope he hasn't gone all shy and is now hiding in the wings.

Has the OP reached a decision in his 50-50 either-or and which one of two, conundrum?

Will it be the right one?

Does he need more help?

Will he need to be reasssured that his decision was definitely the right one?

Will he need to be informed that he's just made the worse mistake of his life, ruining it for him and all those close to him forever?

The spotlight is primed, ready to shine on him. Let's hope he hasn't gone all shy and is now hiding in the wings.

Hope we find out today the suspense is killing me, should just toss a coin for it always works for me.

LOL according to Devitt, they wont insure my new bike, re quote with another Insurance co through Devitt and they wanted £765 !! Got online quote, for £187 same details nothings changed, guess who it was with.....you guessed it Devitt !! Premier bike from Aviva. BASTARDS !!! the lot of them.

LOL according to Devitt, they wont insure my new bike, re quote with another Insurance co through Devitt and they wanted £765 !! Got online quote, for £187 same details nothings changed, guess who it was with.....you guessed it Devitt !! Premier bike from Aviva. BASTARDS !!! the lot of them.

Where was the online quote from?

People have mentioned, there are so many variables nowadays in quotations that can double the price.
Bikesure (Adrian Flux) quoted me roughly the same for a renewal by post £235 full comp on a 2002 1150GSA.
Bennetts additions quote via bikeinsure was £166 all in with £500 excess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The meerkat site for the second one. Direct from Devitt for the 765 quote, and the online one was from them too !! Cnuts!

Back
Top Bottom