R1100gs spares availability

Dave T

Reaction score
How do, just a quick Q before I toddle off to look at one - are there any show stopping parts that are unavailable (or a right royal pain to get hold of)?
All being well I'll be the owner of one by the weekend after 7gs-less years:D

Clutch actuator arms seem to be like hens teeth but you may never need one. I did need one a few years ago and managed to find one but ever since I have had my eye out for a spare but they are rare and stupidly expensive.

It's an 1100, you won't need spare parts. Enjoy your new bike, good choice.

Stuff is available but I've seen second hand spares prices double over the last eight years of ownership.

No problems at all :thumb2 allthough unless you crash it you will not need much in the way of parts :beerjug:

Clutch actuator arms seem to be like hens teeth but you may never need one. I did need one a few years ago and managed to find one but ever since I have had my eye out for a spare but they are rare and stupidly expensive.

:confused:Fifty quid from Motorworks. New ones are a bit pricey at £120, but they're a stainless item you'll only ever have to buy once.

I've never had any trouble getting any spares for mine.

Haha, yes, back on the treadmill indeed, bike collected this morning. Nice to be back on a GS ☺Already planning a couple of trips. . .

Hi Gecko,
Looks like exactly the sort of thing I'd be up for, but I'm gigging with my band!
I am looking forward to meeting up with other GSers, esp fellow 1100 owners!

Shame.....but if you find yourself needing to ride to the Peak District and compare 1100s let me know 👍 I've owned mine since new in 1999😋

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom