Douglas Park, East Kilbride

AccyStan1200

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Quick mention about excellent service/treatment I had last Saturday 12/5, whilst on route to Shetland for the week. Suffered an unrepairable puncture which needed a new tyre, arrived after the servicing department had shut, phone call to a technician, Stephan Cowan, turned out from home and changed the tyres to enable me to carry on. Real good service from all staff, in particular Stephen.

+1
they did a similar thing for me last year on an unrepairable puncture

maybe they get a lot of us on route to the highlands in need of new rubber !

DOUGLAS PARK

Ive just today traded my bike for a newer model GSA, this will be my 6th BMW bike and the 2nd from this dealership, I just wanted to say how happy Ive been with the value for money and service from Douglas Park.
Alan Dalziel ive always found very easy to deal with and very fair with trade in values, I picked my new bike up today, full tank of fuel, 12months RFL, 2 years warranty and emergency assistance, all without any haggling, also I would add I received generous discounts on the cost of servicing and accessories on my last bike .

WELL DONE ALAN AND TEAM :thumb2:thumb2

+1 for what Pablo said, great service from Alan and Scott when I recently purchased my new GSA

For a bit of contrast, I rode down their for a pre booked test ride on a lowered suspension GS. When I arrived, the bike was out on loan so I had to hang around whilst they sorted that out.
I had a good test ride - enough to convince me I wanted to move from my 2011 1200R to a GS. This was in late 2014 if I recall correctly. I was shocked at the £3k trade in they offered me. To add insult to injury he pointed out a problem with my tyres that needed sorting soonest and then couldn’t help as the workshop was shut (saturday).

Maybe they’ve responded to feedback and upped their game but I was not impressed.

Shakey

I got my new GSA in September, it's my first time dealing with Parks EK but I was very happy with how I was treated, Scott dealt with me and he couldn't have been anymore professional with how he handled my purchase . I traded my Africa Twin for the GS and got a very fair price and the rest of the staff including the workshop guys, have been very helpful and courteous with any questions I've had to date. I guess it all comes down to personal experience but maybe you should give them another try.......

I'm about to buy my 2nd BMW from Parks, excellent experience both times, good trade in prices too.

Scott handled two warranty claims for me without fuss. Highly recommended.

Part exd and used Alan numerous times. Very fair to deal with and always received good service from all departments!!

Nothing but first class service from them on my bikes.....which is why I traipse all the way down there rather than go somewhere closer.

Alan has a great team over there that other ADs would do well to emulate.

Always happy to help and support if asked.

Great guy too in Alistair Shepherd.

Deal with them in complete confidence.

Jim

Bike has been serviced by them today for the first time since coming back to GS ownership. Price was very good for the work carried out and very pleased all round with contact from staff.
Alan D has now left and Bill whom I know from Honda has now taken the helm so I would expect continuing great service from Park's.

Working from premises in fife that are not bike related

Jim

Thanks Jim. Will be missed, a decent fella .

Allan

Called in to Douglas Park Motorrad on Monday for a browse whilst passing on business (as you do) and was met by Bill (Manager) who was very courteous and welcoming. Coming from Northern Ireland I was never in this dealership (although I think I have been in every other dealership in Scotland!) and I must say I was very impressed from start to finish with both Bill and Allan Tonner (Sales) who treated me extremely well with no pressure. Whilst browsing I was taken with a 250 mile old S1000XR that had the options list thrown at it including some nice HP trinkets. What started out as a browse on Monday ended yesterday with me close to financial ruin as we concluded a deal. I found them extremely professional from start to finish and they offered me a good trade in price on my bike.
My biggest problem now is how do I sneak off to East Kilbride from NI without my wife running after me with divorce papers!!! Unless it all goes tits up which I doubt, I would have no hesitation in recommending both Bill and Allan to any perspective buyer.
Our dealers in NI could learn a thing or two from them. I am still waiting to here back from two off them after three weeks and I cant wait for the phonecall !

Hi Mullabrack

Did you buy the carbon adorned 1000XR back then?

Jim

Called in to Douglas Park Motorrad on Monday for a browse whilst passing on business (as you do) and was met by Bill (Manager) who was very courteous and welcoming. Coming from Northern Ireland I was never in this dealership (although I think I have been in every other dealership in Scotland!) and I must say I was very impressed from start to finish with both Bill and Allan Tonner (Sales) who treated me extremely well with no pressure. Whilst browsing I was taken with a 250 mile old S1000XR that had the options list thrown at it including some nice HP trinkets. What started out as a browse on Monday ended yesterday with me close to financial ruin as we concluded a deal. I found them extremely professional from start to finish and they offered me a good trade in price on my bike.
My biggest problem now is how do I sneak off to East Kilbride from NI without my wife running after me with divorce papers!!! Unless it all goes tits up which I doubt, I would have no hesitation in recommending both Bill and Allan to any perspective buyer.
Our dealers in NI could learn a thing or two from them. I am still waiting to here back from two off them after three weeks and I cant wait for the phonecall !

Back
Top Bottom