Tyre pressure problem.

GSTourer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a 2010 RT with the tyre pressure sensors.

I appear to have an air leak at the rear from where the valve seats on the outside of the rim and the rim....it isn't leaking from the actual valve but a little water on the wheel around the base of the valve shows up very slight bubbling and a loss of pressure over night (6psi) last night.

Is this a common problem and does anyone have any idea if a new tyre pressure sensor is likely to sort it out?

Many thanks.

Unlikely that a new pressure sensor will change the leak - sounds like you need a professional/dealer to fit a new valve.

Mike

Unlikely that a new pressure sensor will change the leak - sounds like you need a professional/dealer to fit a new valve.

Mike

I thought that the valve and sensor were all one bit (not the tiny valve core that you can screw in and out as that has been replaced already. It has been looked at by a professional.

I assumed that the next step therefore may be to replace the valve/sensor part.

Thanks for the advice though Mike.

I thought the sensors were away from the valve, and were marked on the rim - as to the location?

Al

Thanks for the advice folks.

I think I have found what I may need on the Motoworks site which is a valve repair kit (WHA20871) for £19....a lot cheaper than replacing the whole sensor at a dealers £144.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks. :thumb2

Had a leak there on mine.Just nipped the valve hex up 1/8th of a turn and the leak went.Worth a try first ��

Had a leak there on mine.Just nipped the valve hex up 1/8th of a turn and the leak went.Worth a try first ��

Thanks for that, I did try that...it helped a little (I think) but it still leaks...I am not keen on doing it again unless I damage or snap something.

Back
Top Bottom