New Bike - Corrosion Test

Riding around in the rain and mud isn't the problem. I do it all the time.

What kills these bikes ultra quick is SALT.

Don't ride it when theres Salt on the roads. If you absolutely have to, use ACF50.

The next worse thing is Garage Forecourt caustic acid foam jet washers. Don't use the foam cycle.

Cheers fella. Never ever use forecourt anything or £5 hand car wash services even on a lease car, let alone my precious two wheeled machines! ;)

ACF50 twice a year and a wash down with hose and Bilt Hamber Auto Foam via hot water and a garden pump sprayer is my go-to wash down method after a winter ride.

Good work Warlord.
Mine is exactly the same age but with a mere 13,000 miles as I live on a small rock. Mine is also totally corrosion free apart from the episode with the corrosion on the inside of the final drive..... which has been replaced.

We are surrounded by salty water but thankfully our roads are only gritted if it actually snows.

Attachments

• IMG_2983.jpg
    IMG_2983.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 333
Good work Warlord.
Mine is exactly the same age but with a mere 13,000 miles as I live on a small rock. Mine is also totally corrosion free apart from the episode with the corrosion on the inside of the final drive..... which has been replaced.

We are surrounded by salty water but thankfully our roads are only gritted if it actually snows.

Very good. Nice to see :thumb2

.... so that's two of us then.... :D

It won't rot now as its covered in shite... from me!!!.

Had my first experience of The Hardknott Pass today in Lake District (steepest road in England 1:3). Full on rain storm, wet roads and my sorry ass pretending I know what I'm doing up there on a GSA.

Now on GSA Level 2.

Bonus Award 1 - Hardknott Pants Filler Achievement.

Bonus Award 2 - Sideways across Cattle Grid Highside Defeat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardknott_Pass

you should try 'cycling it in high winds.

Back
Top Bottom