Battery Tray.........

Sorry for the delay, work took over!! Sorry all, I didn't intend on starting a riot, Thanks for all your comments. Will have a think and get summat sorted. Cheers all. Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where would I find a Lithium battery for my 2012 GSA and what size / specs should I be looking for.
I use my bike all year so needs to be a good un.

It's Lithium-Iron-Phosphate - LiFePo. Not the same as lithium ion used in computers and phones. The top brand is Ballistic - the smallest size per CCA oomph but top money by a long way. LiFePo is a dry technology so can be fitted in any position.

They can be discharged to dead flat without damage. Self discharge is low but also harmless. Leave a lead acid for a few months and its likely to be toast.

A normal engine start lead acid wont safely go below 30% of it's charge capacity. A 4AH LiFePo is the same engine start power as a 12AH lead acid.

Shorai and JMT are common brands.

It's quite likely the bike has enough space for a small LiFePo under the fuel tank. I've not tried but the gaps are pretty big. That would leave useful space under the seat where the old battery sat. But you'd be on your own for brackets, etc.

My point about battery size depends if the bike is to be used all year around. If it's not used in deep winter, you don't need a huge capacity just get the same CCA rating as a standard GS battery. If it is to be used in deep winter get the next size up.

The standard GS battery has 220 Cold Cranking Amps. This JMT has 240CCA. At this price worth a punt IMO.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lightweig...44404faef97ea51acdd2fd&pid=100505&rk=1&rkt=1&

Back
Top Bottom