RDC fault

Dugster

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello folks, I have a 2009 gs adventure which has thrown another wobbler, this time the RDC system has failed. The gs911 has listed the batteries in the wheel units as ok, but states there is a system fault. 20170514_122234_001.jpg
I have removed the control unit from under the seat and will replace it. The question is will a unit from a later( non lc) gs work ok?

Thanks

Doug

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

As the diagnostic states batteries ok I think default lies in the control unit under rear seat. I wanted to know if a later unit would work.

It might also be worth checking your wiring loom for chafing and damage on LHS where it passes the battery. Mine had chafed there and caused loom corrosion to the ESA power feed cable and the RDC signal wiring twisted pair for the Canbus.

It might also be worth checking your wiring loom for chafing and damage on LHS where it passes the battery. Mine had chafed there and caused loom corrosion to the ESA power feed cable and the RDC signal wiring twisted pair for the Canbus.
I've looked up to base of fuel tank and it looks ok. There is power to RDC unit. I'm unsure as to testing the actual box. I will take it apart to look for any blown circuitry. Thanks for the response.

If the bike has NOT got an alarm fitted then the RDC receiver/control unit part nos 65-75-7-7720236 is shared by the F800's (2005- 2012), K1200's and all r1200's, plus others ie k25/k26/k27/k28/k29/k40/k44/k70/k71/k72/k18 and k19 series
By the looks of it the later WC units will not fit .

I would assume if the diagnostic tool is showing that there is no fault with the tyre pressure sensors batteries then they must be giving out a signal which is being picked up by the RDC receiver unit and passed via the canbus to the diagnostic port.

Worthwhile posting on the GS911 forum to see if there is a known problem

Thanks for the info. Will post in hex forum.

The screenshot shows wheel sensor ids and that batteries are ok.

A tip for anyone with RDC wheel sensors, try to use a GS911 to capture the sensor id numbers before the eventual need arises to change the batteries. Trying to 'wake up' the sensors is very difficult, inflating/deflating didnt work for me and I had to pay my local motorrad dealer to recode them using a wake up tool.

Back
Top Bottom