documents

rovert57

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
where do you carry your documents when travelling abroad on the bike .

In a folder in the tank bag & every page inc passports and driving licence scanned & on a usb that Mrs carries

Thought about the usb . Have got some copies taped inside the lid of the pannier

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

In the top box, right at the top of all of the other unnecessary ramell I keep in there.

In addition to carrying paper copies, another tip is to scan or photograph all of the documents and then email them to yourself. They'll then be readily retrievable even if you lose your phone/tablet etc

Have a water proof map pouch I wear round my neck so if Iam seperated from my bike for what ever reason they are clearly seen
https://www.lifeventure.com/products/bags-and-storage/dristore-cases
Ps not only in case you get stopped but what happens if your in an accident and your top box is ripped off and nobody finds it how do they find your details and insurance ?????

Just takes a minor bump that is not your fault and the police turn up, if your docs are only scans on your phone they mean absolutely nothing , I know we wouldn't accept that if it was a foreign driver in the UK

Just takes a minor bump that is not your fault and the police turn up, if your docs are only scans on your phone they mean absolutely nothing , I know we wouldn't accept that if it was a foreign driver in the UK

Too true, Austrian Police were looking for a lock up for not having docs on my person

All important documentation carried in a small Kriega bag, inside my tank bag...... Waterproof and safe enough... When I park up, I leave the tank bag and take the Kriega with me.

I broke down on the peage last week on the Harley, the recovery team wanted my V5......they took a copy on an iPhone..

All important documentation carried in a small Kriega bag, inside my tank bag...... Waterproof and safe enough... When I park up, I leave the tank bag and take the Kriega with me.

I broke down on the peage last week on the Harley, the recovery team wanted my V5......they took a copy on an iPhone..

Good job you had it with you, were you expecting to break down been on the Hardly ?

Back
Top Bottom