Which rear brake pads should I buy?

Doing The Alps in June - still a bit of meat on the pads that were there but insufficient to give me peace of mind on a 3,000+ mile ride so opted for a set of BMW sintered ... should see me for a few years :beerjug:

I'd bring the new ones with me and fit them when or if required. JJH

I maintain that if you ride towards the upper ranges of a bike's / tyres capabilities, then you need the ability to apply rear brake only. Sounds like we should avoid that list of Hondas if we wish to ride (or learn to ride) a bike properly 😊
Good job we're on a bmw forum then.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'd bring the new ones with me and fit them when or if required. JJH

Thought about that but was doing a bit of fettling and thought 'what the hell ... they can go in now' ... more beer time at that end :beerjug:

So you already knew. I suspected I was feeding a troll.
Live and learn, I guess.

Of course I knew. You were trolling me. Didn't work. Tough. Live and learn. JJH

To Stanley. This is an open forum. Don't ever try to pm such shit to me again. That's what bullies do. If you have something to say to me say it in open forum the way it started. Now I'll say something to you in open forum. You child. That's it. Got it? JJH

Ah Jaysus........... you're going to have to post the PM........ the curiosity is killing me.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

If anyone is interested to read the pm my user name is jjh and a1a1a1 is the code. JJH

Whoa!
I'm taking my bike to a main dealer for brake pads - don't want no death threats etc

I pm'd JJH to avoid ruining someone's thread any further. I pm'd as I felt that JJH would continue to respond aggressively to any further comments I made. Strange that JJH chose to post again on this thread rather than replying directly to me. Obviously needs the approval.

Apologies to the op. Hope you got your pads all sorted. For what it's worth, I take old ones out before they are shot. They make good emergency spares; easier to get worn pads in, rather than new, at the roadside!

Beginners use their back brake too much; intermediates think they should only use it for slow manoeuvres; fast and smooth riders use it loads!!
... Smooth out delivery; reduce drive without unsettling the bike; deeper braking, etc.
Often best learnt off road.

I maintain that if you ride towards the upper ranges of a bike's / tyres capabilities, then you need the ability to apply rear brake only. Sounds like we should avoid that list of Hondas if we wish to ride (or learn to ride) a bike properly 😊
Good job we're on a bmw forum then.

I was wondering if you are currently giving lessons .. You seem like such a skilled operator. Please dont PM me with details though..

I pm'd JJH to avoid ruining someone's thread any further. I pm'd as I felt that JJH would continue to respond aggressively to any further comments I made. Strange that JJH chose to post again on this thread rather than replying directly to me. Obviously needs the approval.

Apologies to the op. Hope you got your pads all sorted. For what it's worth, I take old ones out before they are shot. They make good emergency spares; easier to get worn pads in, rather than new, at the roadside!

You pmd me to have a go. And have a go you did. JJH

Guys, this is a technical part of the forum and should be kept as such.

If you want to have handbags, take it to the pub.

To Stanley. This is an open forum. Don't ever try to pm such shit to me again. That's what bullies do. If you have something to say to me say it in open forum the way it started. Now I'll say something to you in open forum. You child. That's it. Got it? JJH

If anyone is interested to read the pm my user name is jjh and a1a1a1 is the code. JJH

You pmd me to have a go. And have a go you did. JJH

Thanks. I'll respond to anything. Bring it on. JJH

John (JJH), can I just say your reaction to stanley's PM (which wasn't 'such shit') was a little over the top.

It wasn't a good idea to post up your password here as clearly someone (I have their IP ;) )decided to change it last night which locked you out. All sorted now for you so normal service is resumed.

Back
Top Bottom