Which rear brake pads should I buy?

Fatboydel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got an advisory from the MOT for low rear brake pads. Had a look on line and there are a huge amount to choose from. Is there a concensus on which are best?

Looking at sintered Brembo pads EBC FA335, are these ok for a 2011 R1200GS TC?

£33.99 on Amazon.

rear brake does very little - get the cheapest of known brands (EBC, Brembo etc)

Only use sintered on the rear if you have them on the front. If you have then go for it. I was always partial to ferodo but so long as you don't go with gold fren you can go far wrong.

I can't see the point in buying brake pads on amazon when any more local shop would have them or similar cheaper and free advice to go with it. Try Motorworks Motorbins James Sherlock or 1 of the sponsors of this site. JJH

Steptoe.. Gsshop. Biz

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ok thanks Guys, not sure if I have sintered on the front or not, never taken them out...

Looks like it should be FA363 HH according to another site.

Definitely gsshop knows what he's talking about. Bikes cameras ect. JJH

Another vote here for Steptoe (GSShop.biz) and his low cost Ferodo pads that work well and wear slowly without chewing the rear disks.

Ordered from Steptoe 😀

Just hope they are the right ones for a 2011 GS, couldn't see anywhere to select the year?

They'll fit.. BMW used the same pad from the 1100GS up to the last 2013 twin cam models

Ordered from Steptoe ��

Just hope they are the right ones for a 2011 GS, couldn't see anywhere to select the year?

Drop him a little personal message with your bike details and I'm sure he'll sort you out.

I always use Steptoes Ferodo pads because you can use them all the way down. I just swapped these out last week and reckon I'd used most of them :D

Attachments

• IMG_0158.JPG
    IMG_0158.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_0159.JPG
    IMG_0159.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 408
I always use Steptoes Ferodo pads because you can use them all the way down. I just swapped these out last week and reckon I'd used most of them :D

Chris, you certainly got your money's worth out of those :D

KTM excf 250 uses the same pads for the front. I just happend to have a spare pair in the shed when the GS needed them last week . They are cheap as chips.

My previous set were Goldfren. Shock Horror. They wore evenly down to almost nothing with no problems.
I now have Ferrodo pads.

Back
Top Bottom