Cheap Torx bit set

richmondrider

Reaction score
Guys, I need to make adjustment to my lever and hand guard position on 2017 GSA. I have a battery powered driver but need a set of torx bits, anyone know of a cheap set which covers most of the GSA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sainsburys,

I believe it the Rolson set, covers a selection of everything, basic but works & comes with a screwdriver / adapter

Lidl did a better set some time ago, but again only limited sizes

Treat yourself to a 1/4" drive rachet keep electric drivers well away from your bike, they have a habit of chewing up screw heads.
If you want a good, job use good tools.

Guys, I need to make adjustment to my lever and hand guard position on 2017 GSA. I have a battery powered driver but need a set of torx bits, anyone know of a cheap set which covers most of the GSA?

Why spend all that money on your bike and then compromise on the tools your going to need to fix it, sh!te bits will chew the screw heads up as they won't fit properly - don't buy cheap tools......

Agree with all comments. However I would get a set of torx keys. Stand alone and simple. You don't need to remove the screws only slacken them a turn or two so it's not as though you'll wear your wrist out. Ratchet is just added complication.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Your GSA is built using Torx bolts. Don't by cheap tools. If you're on the road you can guarantee they'll let you down when you need them most.

Are you sure it's not the handlebars you need to adjust? My 2017 GS was delivered with the bars set at the 10% up position, so the levers, etc., were too low for me.

The toolkit under the seat contains a torx key. Is that the right size for the levers?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys, lots of advice and links!!!

hmm choices-choices. I'm not intending to do too much of my own maintenance (big liability) but option to make small tweaks.

I might also adjust the handlebars (thanks for suggesting) just to explore with the angle/height rather than just roll with the factory setting.

halfords sell a 8 piece 3/8 torx set for 17.99. ideal companion to the 3/8 socket set on sale at 12.99.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

A £16k bike and using cheap tools made of cheese? Shame on you. You buy the best bike you can afford so get the best equipment you can afford.

Back
Top Bottom