Best HORN

ROLL DOG

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Which is the best aftermarket horn for fitting to GS LC? Gonna fit through EZCAN so looking for your recommendations.

Wanting horn to be loud as feck like.

What are you guys running?

Which is the best aftermarket horn for fitting to GS LC? Gonna fit through EZCAN so looking for your recommendations.

Wanting horn to be loud as feck like.

What are you guys running?

FIAMM twin tones linked directly to the ezcan. One fits in place of OEM, the other between the front forks. I have a 2014 GSA TE and didn't like the fixing point of the FIAMM Master Blaster on the outside of the bike..(killing my OCD :eek:) so went with this option.
Works for me and all tucked away with 119db. If you follow the link to my YT channel (does not work from phone only pc), i did a short piece on it. Hope this helps. :beerjug:

I've got a denali Soundbomb, believe me there just isn't a louder horn it's bloody loud

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I fitted one of these to my 2015 GSA, easy to fit and I didn't need to use the relay, it doesn't trip the canbus.

https://www.motorradzubehoer-hornig.de/BMW-R-1200-GS-LC/Alu-Edelstahl/Wolo-Hupe.html

139 decibels, so it's loud enough.

IIRC it was a 10 minute job to fit and I didn't need to remove any of the body panels to fit it. I had a spare nut and bolt so just bolted the supplied bracket onto the original bracket and then positioned the horn so that it didn't interfere with the body work or the forks.

FIAMM twin tones linked directly to the ezcan. One fits in place of OEM, the other between the front forks. I have a 2014 GSA TE and didn't like the fixing point of the FIAMM Master Blaster on the outside of the bike..(killing my OCD :eek:) so went with this option.
Works for me and all tucked away with 119db. If you follow the link to my YT channel (does not work from phone only pc), i did a short piece on it. Hope this helps. :beerjug:

Do you have any pictures of these horns installed? I have the Stebel Magnum Duo horns still from my K1600 and I'm looking for a way to install them on my GSA LC.

14c8bd07a818a8b675596cdbc83b6aa5.jpg
4db944225afa049125a840aba23a7727.jpg

Not the best pictures but they are the only ones I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I assume there is enough clearance for the front fender?

Yes.. no problem at all. I have since changed now to the 120db air horn which, surprisingly, fits where the OEM horn is with a 2 inch extension arm that I found in the garage and a zip tie for additional safety.

That would be the Denali Soundbomb.
It says 120 dB @ 3 ft. How loud is that at 4" (10 cm) or at 6.5 ft (2 m)?

The Stebels I have produce the same as the Stebel Nautilus Compact: 139 dB @ 10 cm / 115 dB @ 2 m.

How loud is that at 4" (10 cm) or at 6.5 ft (2 m)?

I have no idea to be honest... all I can say is that it certainly wakes up the tin tops et al when needed...

Stebel Nautilus :thumb:thumb, compact and F loud
Tis funny having to forewarn the MOT tester:augie

I have just fitted one to the 2.3 litre Rocket 3 bike of awesomeness, it even makes lighthouse keepers run for cover!:eek: Had to fit a relay as they say the draw can fry your wiring.:blast

I went for the Denali Split Soundbomb - Its VERY LOUD... and fitted via the Hex, the original horn adds a pleasing "dual tone". It makes other road users take note!

I've fitted a standard E39 5 series 420Hz car horn to mine. Much cheaper than a denali sound bomb and plenty loud with a deep tone...sounds like a fire truck bearing down! It requires a simple bit of diy bracketry and some minor wiring mods. I paid about £25 for it on Ebay. You can get a higher pitch one too but I like being a truck. People notice. Had a woman pull out onto a main A road in a 50mph limit when I was 30 yds from the junction, perhaps less. I was doing the speed limit and she saw me but pulled out anyway. A long blast on the horn saw her almost bounce off the roof of her car...and got the message that the bl&&dy road wasn't clear!

Why o why do you need a loud horn ... just ride better... and avoid situations ... I don’t think I’ve used my horn ... very odd.

Hi
What "minor wiring mods" ? the horn look like it has a canbus plug already

Back
Top Bottom