Newbie Packtalk particulars

stephen tapson

ExPanRider
Reaction score
Just start by saying Hello to all I am Stephen and I confess to neglecting my wife due to my recent GSA
addiction.......
Please can anyone with a bit of savvy put me right here ....pulling my remaining hair out.....
Packtalk connects to nav5 via BT (channel 2) ok
Packtalk connects to my buddies older cardo headset via Intercom Channel ok
This works until I get the first verbal direction command from the nav5...
This knocks out the connection between my buddy and me..

Am i connecting the two devices correctly ? As I dont understand why there are two ways of connecting
What are both BlueTooth devices.

Nav 5 is updated
Packtalk is updated
Will have to double check whether or not my buddies device is up to date!
Comms are ok for what we need
But I would like to have the verbal direction commands from gps

I have read elseware that connecting the nav 5 as a phone could help with phone functions but i would forego the phone functions if I can commune with him and navigate.

Hope I have explained ok as I hav'nt got a clue what to do from here..
Thanks
Stephen

You can setup the priority of the connected devices, so as standard nav overrides intercom. You could always just not have voice nav and just go with visual. Or tell your mate to get a pac talk and use DMC to connect, rather than BT. But you still need to sort out which has the priority

As mentioned the priority of bluetooth may help, using the phone channel may help,
Not sure but the bluetooth intercoms can drop out when interrupted,
When using Dmc it allways re estabishes the connection,
Regular friends have mostly gone to packtalk for bike to bike due to similar issues and the Dmc benefits, all day battery life as well,
Roamer,

Thanks for the words of wisdom casbar and roamer
I have tried just UNPAIRING the nav from the packtalk, this does help, I'm not loosing the comms now.
But you would think that £200 would buy you a cmms package that would do what it says on the tin.
So
thinking of firstly wiping all connections out
making sure we are both updated
Trying to connect the nav via the phone thingy and see what happens.
Will keep you all posted as to the outcome.
Stephen

But can't you prioritise through the app, which connection overrides the other. The fact that you have nav connected it has to come on at some point, its just whether it is priority 1, most would want the nav to override everything else. I will have a look at mine :)

Ok, had a look at mine, you can prioritise A2DP over intercom, but it doesn't look like you can prioritise intercom over nav. I can't remember but think the Packtalk to Nav V uses a BT connection, but pac talk to BMW audio is A2DP. So that isn't going to help. The only way would be to not have Nav V connected to Packtalk and use visual, then pair your phone directly to the Pack Talk. Downside, you won't get your phone book etc on the Nav, but you can still obviously answer calls and setup numbers in the Packtalk to call. I use both ways, I have two, one I use on my RT and have the nav connected. The other I use on other bikes and use Nav visual and have my phone connected directly.

Just had another thought, you could try connecting the Packtalk to channel 2 and your buddies intercom pair to channel 1, not sure if channel 1 would then take priority, have never tried that.

The pack talk is a hobby in its self with so many features , the guys i ride with were interested in the packtalk , so most of us have the benefit of dmc,
i would try and pair the nav to the phone channel then add your buddy, with the phone paired to the nav only,

Thanks Roamer and Casbar,
Had another mess this evening.
I am starting to learn a little bit about this gear, lol
Wiped all BT pairings from nav 5.
Paired PackTalk to Nav 5 to BT Channel 1 (as per the recomendations in the user guide) which utilise A2DP Protocol.
I am now able to play music on the nav which is interupted by the route directions as it should.
GREAT making headway here.
Tomorrow i'll try to re-pair my buddies comms and see what happens ( will be pushing him not so gently in the direction of a PackTalk )
Will keep you informed how it pans out
And thanks again for taking the time to contribute
Stephen

Just a thought,
User manual states
Scala has 2 BT channels '1 and 2' these are toconnect phones, GPS and music players with A2DP.
Also
It has Intercom channels ' A and B'
So thats 1,2,A and B 4 different ways to connect devices
Does this mean the packtalk has 4 BT channels or 2 Channels meaning you can only utilise 2 ways of connecting devises at any one time ?

This is why I am getting confused as the user manual does not explain or am I just dumb lol?
Your 2 penneth please

Stephen

Back
Top Bottom