Tool box to fit inside pannier

AngusOg

Reaction score
In a vague attempt to look slightly more professional (and slightly less homeless) at work and stop turning up with my tools in a jute bag bought at Sainsbury's, I'm trying to find a tool box that will fit nicely in the larger of the two panniers.

I have the standard aluminium ones that are supplied with a 2016 GS Adventure.

I have been looking at halfords/B&Q/screwfix/RS components/etc.

Any recommendations?

I fitted a Twalcom Raidbox (ABS plastic) which bolts to the inside of the offside pannier frame - leaves the panniers clear for luggage.
Safe riding,
Mike Davies

Attachments

• 2 Raidbox fitted door off..jpg
    2 Raidbox fitted door off..jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 629
  • 3 top fixing.jpg
    3 top fixing.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 470
  • 5 looking into Raidbox empty.jpg
    5 looking into Raidbox empty.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 536
  • 1 Item in Raidbox, pump, tyre plugger, disc lock.jpg
    1 Item in Raidbox, pump, tyre plugger, disc lock.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 513
Thanks Mike, I already have the touratech flavour of the same thing that I used to carry bike specific things in.

I'm looking for something to carry my work related tools which are my luggage when heading to a job. At the moment, I'm just using one the the heavy duty jute carrier bags you get from the supermarket.

"Who needs a car when you're on an Adventure..."

I fitted a Twalcom Raidbox (ABS plastic) which bolts to the inside of the offside pannier frame - leaves the panniers clear for luggage.
Safe riding,
Mike Davies

That's a tidy bit of work there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike, I already have the touratech flavour of the same thing that I used to carry bike specific things in.

I'm looking for something to carry my work related tools which are my luggage when heading to a job. At the moment, I'm just using one the the heavy duty jute carrier bags you get from the supermarket.

I worked off my gsa for a while , I used the pannier bags as there very robust , held all my spare parts , and for hand tools I used a proper tool rucksack, I found that the easiest way forward

I worked off my gsa for a while , I used the pannier bags as there very robust , held all my spare parts , and for hand tools I used a proper tool rucksack, I found that the easiest way forward

That's a great idea. I hadn't been looking at backpacks but thinking about it, it's a much better solution.

Cheers for the tip.

That's a great idea. I hadn't been looking at backpacks but thinking about it, it's a much better solution.

Cheers for the tip.

Just years on the roads as service engineer

I have built a bike-specific toolkit for my GS which fits into a child's nylon pencil case (no puncture repair kit). Standing in the bathroom earlier looking at my son's (waterproof) plain rectangular nylon wash bag it struck me this would also work well in the bottom of a pannier. Pencil case - £3.00 off amazon. Wash bag must be less than a tenner. Something like this - you even get compartments if you want them!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Beauty/i...95616273&sr=8-1&keywords=isuperb+toiletry+bag

Hi.
Give us a quick call - I think we may be able to help you.
Regards
Bernie.
Tel: 07710 149 726
Thanks for the message, but in the end I picked up a technicians bag which does the job nicely, fits pretty well on the bike and also means I can wear it as a backpack should I need the space in the pannier for something else.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom