Toolbox mod

Chris R

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sick of putting my heavy chain in my topbox I made this handy toolbox from an old Ammobox.
73c822daabac4d023cd431a708e631bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Horrible place to put a heavy weight (behind the rear axle)
2. Does it interfere with the swing-arm at full deflection?
3. It looks awful
4. It looks just awful
5. Have you not noticed how awful it looks?

:D

Just done 2000 miles round Spain and France on it and it is solid as a rock, doesn't hit anything and doesn't affect handling at all. In fact for £14.50 it's brilliant.

Yes it looks bigger in the picture than it is.

I'll take one when I get home from work.

fd14994bcba48ef70f2aec280a1ebd88.jpg

I don't know whether that's a lot better but it's too hot to be bothered to wheel in out side.

US10L Kriega bag strapped on the pillion seat or on a pannier/topbox lid is my preferred option when I'm carrying my full on chain-pin-lock set.

mochila-kriega-waterproof-us10l.jpg

Each to their own solution I guess.

3. It looks awful
4. It looks just awful
5. Have you not noticed how awful it looks?

:D

Because it just spoils such pretty looking bike doesnt it...overly harsh Mike.

When the site is full of folks who are happy to spend hundreds of pounds on designer plastic mudgaurds somone who looks to come up with something themselves to solve a problem is to be commended in my view. So good on you Chris.

When the site is full of folks who are happy to spend hundreds of pounds on designer plastic mudgaurds somone who looks to come up with something themselves to solve a problem is to be commended in my view. So good on you Chris.

Just goes to prove the old saying "What's the cheapest part on a BMW? - The rider.." :p

I think it makes the bike look like a tool that's actually used rather than a pristine showroom model that gets taken out on dry runs only.

But then, I like RatBikes too!! :D

D

Just goes to prove the old saying "What's the cheapest part on a BMW? - The rider.." :p

So...where do those fibreglass cockpit infills you made fit into that then which admitedly were not cheap but I do appreciate the manhours you put into making them.

I think it makes the bike look like a tool that's actually used rather than a pristine showroom model that gets taken out on dry runs only.D

I agree. The oilheads and predecessors were certainly intended to be functional rather than posing machines....not so sure that the case for the newer ones.

So...where do those fibreglass cockpit infills you made fit into that then which admitedly were not cheap but I do appreciate the manhours you put into making them.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make - but suspect you don't either :p

Lighten up - I happen to think it looks like a dog's breakfast, but I doubt my view is causing anyone to lose sleep... :D

Back
Top Bottom