Norway Last minute decision

NoK now a little dearer to buy than when I was there 3 years ago but not by a huge amount. If you camp and cook your own stuff bought in supermarkets, its not so bad. Camping can be free also if you are considerate, as all ukgsers are! The main issue is the monster ride to get there! Worth it though. Norway is NC500 on stilts!

Going or coming back through Sweden is sensible. Speed limits are not so stringent and less rigorously enforced. Food is a bit cheaper as is beer!

BTW. Make use of deals in Statoil stations in Norway. Coffee and a roll for lunch for not a lot.

RR here http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/378602-71-10-21-and-back?highlight=Norway

Am planning a similar trip in July will hopefully include the Nordkapp and Lofoten etc

Camping and using supermarkets for provisions. Planning to go up through Sweden and then down the West coast of Norway. :thumb2

Doing it the same way myself in September..... I'll admit, Norway is my favourite place to ride around - you just have to watch your speed, which isn't that much of problem given the scenery your riding through.... Have a good trip! :beerjug:

Thanks. Did a similar trip in 1984 on a CX500 :)bow) and have been wanting to go back ever since. :bounce1

Sounds a great trip.
Still up for some company?
R1200RT currently sorned so need to move fast if coming
happy to camp cook etc
done Europe many times but not Norway
let me know
Ian

Sounds a great trip.
Still up for some company?
R1200RT currently sorned so need to move fast if coming
happy to camp cook etc
done Europe many times but not Norway
let me know
Ian
Yes still up for fellow rider/s
I was sending you a private message but notice you have it disabled on here

Mission central ,, throwing a few things together

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 372
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 389
I will need to get moving with insurance etc, if I am coming.
Negotiations are underway with SWMBO at the moment.

You may have looked into it already but the Harwich to Hook of Holland ferry would save you some miles....only potential down side would be traveling back around the time of the Assen TT and therefore availability might be a problem.

Have a great trip. Very jealous. One to add to the bucket list by the sounds of it.

Thanks folks , off around midday , camp somewhere , up early n get round the horrible London orbital . Don't really mind the long ride to get there, it's just part of the trip .

I`m heading there mid July. plan is something like this..

chunnel then a night in Belgium (Leuven)
a night in north east germany (Lubeck)
campsite near ferry in Hirtshals for early fast ferry to Kristiansand
Priekestolen campsite for Pulpit rock
a few nights further north of Bergen around Geiranger
back to near Voss near Bergen for some camping, hiking and kayaking (wife flying into Bergen to join me)
overnight ferry from Bergen to Hirtshals to save time coming back (this is my only luxury but figured i`ll be needing a good bed by then and some downtime)
maybe a night in amsterdam on way back to chunnel

going solo so i can ride at my own pace and decide my own itinery but having been to Norway recently its surprising how affordable it can be if you use common sense. Fuel is similar to Uk, you can wild camp, supermarkets are well stocked and reasonable. if you eat out in a city go for the student part of town (more fun and hardly like student places here) and prices are not much different to uk. obviously beer and a steak will be very expensive. take a few camp meals with you from uk. campsites every few nights for a hot shower. everywhere takes cards so no cash needed. do back roads where possible to avoid crazy traffic queues and police.

have fun, don`t ride like a twat.

Looking forward to the pics on your return Symon -
tis a trip on my bucket list
here's hoping for maximum sunshine and minimum moose !

Back
Top Bottom