boatman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Folks
I am going to have a wander about from Scotland to Norway
Out of Scotland 1 June
Back home 26 June
Nothing is or needs booked
Scotland ---Dover up through,France,Belgium,Holland,Germany, Dennmark, ferry from Hirtsals to Kristiansand then straight North
The plan is very loosely to head North of " the circle" with a re visit to the Lofoten islands ,, maybe the Nordkapp if the weather gods are good,for a box tick on the trip
Been up here 2 times before and it's some of the best riding/scenery on the planet
If that fitted in with others happy to have some company.
Camping wherever possible (as I did before :thumb2)
No real logistics required for this
Some euros
Danish kronor
Norwegian kronor
Travel insurance
Won't be in any hotels , bars etc, as the cost is prohibitive
Buy from the many supermarkets ,cook basic stuff, a few beers etc
Going on GSA this time again ,transalp first time
Speed limits are low AND enforced rigorously , but the scenery makes up for it:thumb2

Hi Boatman, unfortunately I'm not available for the dates you're going. I intend to do a very similar trip in August and would appreciate any routes, campsites, roads info etc. I also have an old friend just outside Oslo, I'l ask him if I can pass on his contact info should you need any help/translation etc, his wife is Norwegian and the kids are both fluent at the age of 8 and 6!lol.

Enjoy it, I'm so jealous!!!

Since the demise of the Newcastle Ferry it must be quite some ride. Take plenty of N. Kroner.

Have a safe trip ................... KEN

Have a good trip, mate.... look forward to hearing all about it when you get back. Can't wait for my own run up to the Kapp in September....! :thumb2

Thanks folks
I really enjoy Norway , done A fair bit of tripping around in my time ,and I recon its on a par with The north in the Americas ,BUT a lot closer and needs much less prepping

I do a lot of business trips there, and my wife grew up in Stavanger.
Love the place. Gutted when they cancelled the Newcastle ferry.

It certainly makes it a fair haul round the circuit to get there , but well worth it :thumb2
I just make that bit part of the trip so that it doesn't seem like a chore :thumb2

Wish I was coming with you but I'm headed in the opposite direction - and just as far.
Have a great trip - very jelly !

Shame it's not July as hoping to head up myself and back home via Copenhagen to meet up with the girlfriend

Will keep a eye on the thread ��

Me and the wife went on a cruise around the fjords as far as Bergen. We loved the scenery - I hated being trapped on the boat though. I kept thinking I'm gonna be back on a bike some day....if she lets me. Have a good time

Have a great trip Symon :thumb

Norway one of the few places I would definitely go back to. We (Sue and misen) used the camping pods ... nearly every campsite has them, not expensive, but just that little bit more luxurious than camping, and an old fella like you needs his luxury :D

Full Ride Report please with plenty piccies :thumb

:beerjug:

Have a great trip Symon :thumb

Norway one of the few places I would definitely go back to. We (Sue and misen) used the camping pods ... nearly every campsite has them, not expensive, but just that little bit more luxurious than camping, and an old fella like you needs his luxury :D

Full Ride Report please with plenty piccies :thumb

:beerjug:
Old ------- me ,,ye auld fecker :potkettle:potkettle:D:D
I am a mere stripling compared tae you Methusla .
This will be my 3rd trip Micky , love the place , especially the big open empty spaces in the North

Hey, sounds good Symon,
We started planning for Norway this year - then changed our mind again, just like the last time:blast
Just can't bring myself to spend a month focused on price/cost - the Scots apparently spend the rest of the year doing that:rolleyes: - so you want a change on holiday?

We'll nearly cross paths though - we cross N'castle to Ijmuiden, arriving there on June 1st. Heading back down around the Balkans again!
Thought you were heading to Greece this year?

Have a great trip, Cheers.....................Grizzly:beerjug:

Hi George
I ain't really done any planning , fling the camping gear on and head off is about the limit of it :thumb2
Still going to Greece in Sept :thumb

As regards price/ cost ,, been a couple of times before ,I found that it was ok if you do your own catering , keep out of hotels ,restaurants etc , speed limits are low so the GSA will be quite economic

Am planning a similar trip in July will hopefully include the Nordkapp and Lofoten etc

Camping and using supermarkets for provisions. Planning to go up through Sweden and then down the West coast of Norway. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom