Deep thoughts

Tractors are go

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Whilst reading my owners manual, I was tidying ok !

It says that asc reduces torque, having recently got it working (twisty road and a really annoying gsxr) got me thinking.

How much is it actually reduced by ? Does anyone know where any figures can be found ?

I thank you all kindly.

Sometimes I just sits and thinks ...

... and sometime times I just sits :D

Just ride it and enjoy :thumb

:beerjug:

I always thought it cut the spark momentarily when a slide was starting? Could be wrong, of course

I dunno how much torque is reduced by but it has (at least) three settings: Off. Full on (normal) which feels like it cuts the power completely momentarily as soon as any spin is detected (a bit like how ABS feels); and a less intrusive setting for slippery surfaces when a bit more spinning of the rear wheel may be required to maintain momentum (press and hold the ASC button). There may be more settings when the suspension is in its off road settings*** (mountains on the screen) but I would need to get my handbook to remind me what it says about that.

You must have been really ragging it to get it spinning up on the road - the only time I can do it is on clearly slippy shiny/gravelly/rippled/generally crappy bits of road, over crests and over wet cattle grids.

***edit, just thought this may only apply to GSAs with ESC

Back
Top Bottom