What on earth has happened to Nippy Normans ?? posted here as it was for a LC

Thanks guys
Ive had an email from them today this was the content

Rob
Please return to the address on the website with a note and we will refund the cost of the goods and the postage cost.
NN

For the life of me I cant see a sorry in there anywhere I think I may get a cab to deliver it the 134 miles
No mention of the head guards Im waiting on and asked about in the same email and no mention when I asked would it not be easier to just send a correct crash bar either side will do

Ive had it with these guys ill get the bars back to them pay another £24.95 out and wait another month for the refund then just blast them on every web site im a member of
If you cant tell them where they are going wrong to afford them the opportunity to rectify and learn by it, tell everyone else !!

Ok Rant over ill box this crap up again and send it back again !!
Rob

I have ordered from NN in the past, but my experience has been very mixed - great when the item is in stock and delivered next day, terrible when the item isn't and the packaging containing the item was incredibly poor. The quality of comms from NN is poor/borderline rude, and I honestly just think it's best to vote with the wallet. It never hurts to extend courtesy and being polite to a paying customer when a transaction does not go to plan or expectation, and it really riles me up when companies think they are doing customers a favour. Vote with your wallet, I say.

Great to see how this company deals with people.

I was thinking about buying a Mudsling - personally I think they are seriously overpriced pieces of plastic but you could say what price protecting your shock?

wont be bothering try and make my own

Ian

You could go for a Maier. a US made Mudsling clone for half the price. Plenty on eBay, just search for Maier Splashguard.

Ah thank you for that, i'll look tomorrow, need to get oot on the beast more which means riding in the rain of course its now summer

You could go for a Maier. a US made Mudsling clone for half the price. Plenty on eBay, just search for Maier Splashguard.

You could go with Maier if you want the paint worn off your swingarm. Happened to my bike and I only found out about it after it was posted in here.

Head guards arrived yesterday and fitted
Still no email from not so nippy normans re the engine bars, they are all boxed back up and ready for collection so ill just send them back argue for 2 weeks before finally getting a refund then argue for another week for the return postage to be refunded and seriously never odrer another thing from them

There customer service is simply shit maybe a word from the mods here could straighten them up, I appreciate that sponsoring and subs are what pay for excellent sites such as this stay active but this is simply a shocking way to deal with paying customers

If it wasnt a 4hr drive and almost 300 miles Id take them back and stand and wait for a refund !!

For what it's worth, I think you'll be missing out. Plastic it may be, but Machineart Moto plastic is really rather nicely done plastic.
I'm sorry to hear about issues with NN, but I've had 2 MAM products delivered quickly through them, so I would have to think carefully before not using them if I wanted any more MAM stuff. Since I have the Mudsling, Avant and X-heads though, I think I'm probably about done!

Jesus Christ it just gets worse with these people !!
As stated earlier in the thread re the email from them asking me to send the engine bars back for a refund, I had a message via ebay from Nippy Cycle saying

"the head guards were sent Wednesday (still no sign of them) and a replacement set of engine bars will be sent Tuesday due to the bank holiday"

These people are completely off the grid, so what do I do now ?? cancel the £24.95 collection due for Tuesday to return the bars and wait to see if the new set ever arrive, what happens if I dont, and send them back, are the incompetent muppets going to send me 2 of the other side in the next delivery?

this fiasco has now been going on for over a month and its getting to me, why after some 12 emails will these people not phone me and just simply say that yes they really do have a pair of these fekking things and they will sent one of the right ones out, or simply piss off your not getting anything because we really dont have a fucking clue what we are doing and here,s your money back + the £50 in postage which must have eaten up the profit from the sale !!

Im so glad I dont have people like this working for me we would be skint

someone must know Norman if so I implore you to ask him to ring me they have had my phone number on a number of emails

Rob

I have an order ready but no way will pull the trigger until I see a satisfactory response to this thread from Adventure Boy.

Norman, better put your glasses on here man and dial the number.

If there ain't a phone number they don't get my money. I had wrong parts sent and had to pay postage back, and was unable to get any response from NN to reimburse me. Spend your money elsewhere.

Ordered a set of Sw Motec engine bars in black for my new Rallye, they turned up unpacked them and they were both the same side !! took 3 days to get an email back as there is no phone number to contact them on, cost me £24 to get the bars back to them (Which in all fairness I did get back) as they didnt have any more in stock, took a further week to get a refund, I went on ebay and saw another pair from Nippy cycles bought them they arrived this morning and guess what ?? yep you guessed it, nippy cycles is in fact nippy Normans and ive got exactly the same set of engine bars back both the same bloody side !!

I do understand they are forum supporters but come on guys this is appalling service and not having a phone number is a joke
not one bit impressed Ive used Nippys before without issue but really wont be using them again

Returned one relatively low value item among a number of others totalling around 450 or so quid. Took 4 emails over 10 days to get acknowledgement of the signed for return, and another 3 or 4 days to get the cash back. Made a further coupe of orders, of which one included item was faulty. I can already feel the pain of arguing the toss and getting the money back. If it turns out like that then that's me done with NNs.

Norman if you are reading this bear in mind that a lot of people on here, myself included have spent a lot of money with you and if you look after us will continue to do so.

Why don't you have a customer services helpline phone number plastered across the front of your website?

The internet is great but when it all goes wrong nothing beats the human touch.

Norman if you are reading this bear in mind that a lot of people on here, myself included have spent a lot of money with you and if you look after us will continue to do so.

Why don't you have a customer services helpline phone number plastered across the front of your website?

The internet is great but when it all goes wrong nothing beats the human touch.

Couldn't have put it better my self

My Nippy Norman total stands at 3 orders and 4 items for a bit over 400 squids. All went well: I like the products, the prices were competitive and delivery was quick, but there was nothing remotely complicated and I had no need for after sales service. I have a generous tolerance threshold when companies go the extra mile to sort out problems, but it seems this isn't the case here. I'm quitting whilst I'm ahead!

Back
Top Bottom