What on earth has happened to Nippy Normans ?? posted here as it was for a LC

Returned one relatively low value item among a number of others totalling around 450 or so quid. Took 4 emails over 10 days to get acknowledgement of the signed for return, and another 3 or 4 days to get the cash back. Made a further coupe of orders, of which one included item was faulty. I can already feel the pain of arguing the toss and getting the money back. If it turns out like that then that's me done with NNs.

So, refund for the unwanted item received. No refund and no mention of the faulty item, value just £22. In the meantime, I'd ordered another 100 quid worth of stuff. Have sent an email, will see whst happens. No normal company would jeopardise a customer relationship like this, given the business. Very strange.

Such a shame when a good company goes to shit !! and even more of a shame when the owner / management dont seem to care, companies need to remember its customers that make them successful
no customers = no business, it costs 5 times as much to cultivate a new customer than it does to keep an existing one

maybe you should bear that in mind Norm !!

I've placed 5 orders with them in the last fortnight or so, all 5 have arrived timely and in order.

Which is great for you but doesn't alter the fact that should you had to return something, especially if faulty, then NNs are bloody hard work.

Aside orders for the usual items like mudsling, avant guard, hexhead covers and the like, I placed separate orders for various paint protection films, most of which were fine but one of which seems to be a labelling issue on the site (i.e. says for 2017 models but is not), another that was a dud: stuck to the backing layer and the adhesive u/s.

Ordered a replacement (paying the additional fiver for postage as it was under £29), returned both items with a cover note. Simply got a email stating a refund for the one item. No acceptance or even acknowledgement of the dud item. As it turns out, that particular set of paint protection films are clearly dodge (perhaps suffered somewhere in transport), since I also had difficulty with the second set but managed to sort it. (Note, all other kits have been fine).

It's small beer of course, but I have never known customer service like this, outside of BT and UPS.

Okay, so credit where credit due, just received an email from NNs in which they thought they had processed the refund, so looks like a process issue. Hopefully will be resolved, and faith restored.

Looks like the normal delay process, I bet we have all had the same email !! Hopefully Norman can be pointed towards this thread as maybe he may not be aware of the problem!! But then again if there was a phone number it would make it easier all round !!
Rob

Okay, so I have to hold my hands up. This has been my dumb mistake. I had paid for the one return item by paypal, the other by visa, so when I got a paypal notification for just the one item I thought the other was missing. Comms with NN has been good this time round (though not so good a couple of weeks ago). I remain a customer.

seems they still have a link / advert on here. Just checked out their site and indeed no telephone contact. Have used them once - took an age to get what I ordered. Very different service level from Just Helmets. Believe Pete is also almost a one man show but you can call him anytime.

Had two orders from them in last fortnight, very good and prompt delivery 😃

Just for balance I've ordered a ton of stuff over the last 3 years or so and had to return a couple of items. Got the refund as soon as they arrived back and deliveries have always been quick and well packaged. Maybe I have lower expectations? :nenau

Just for balance I've ordered a ton of stuff over the last 3 years or so and had to return a couple of items. Got the refund as soon as they arrived back and deliveries have always been quick and well packaged. Maybe I have lower expectations? :nenau

Maybe you do, maybe you don't. Most people's expectations would be not to have to chase refunds. Since you have been fortunate in not having to do this, it difficult to advise on what your expectations are.

Well, after having handed over a considerable amount of wedge to this guy over the last 6 mths, I will now be making the effort to go elsewhere. Shame, as he keeps a lot of stuff, has a great website and is very efficient at shipping stuff.

Purchased, received and looked to fit a wunderlich screen protector just before xmas. There was an issue with the parts (one screw missing, and none of the supplied nuts would fit the screws for the lower bracket). Emailed NN before xmas and received the following reply "That's a first. Send a photo to sales@nippynormans.com". On the Saturday before xmas, I duly sent a video through.

On Thursday last I sent a follow-up email. Now, possibly everyone's on an extended break, though in which case a note on the website or a automated email reply would be helpful. But as I wasn't in the mood to sit around with bated breadth, late on Friday I dropped an email to Wunderlich. Two hours later I receive an email back from Wunderlich to let me know they would ship me the missing/correct parts.

Still haven't heard back from NNs.

I simply don't get it.

Personally I've always had excellent service from NN, the stuff I've ordered has always arrived quickly and he's answered questions I've had about potential purchases too, as well as sending me some extra bolts and top hat nuts pdq when 1 fell out of the hugger I bought from him.

Well, after having handed over a considerable amount of wedge to this guy over the last 6 mths, I will now be making the effort to go elsewhere. Shame, as he keeps a lot of stuff, has a great website and is very efficient at shipping stuff.

Purchased, received and looked to fit a wunderlich screen protector just before xmas. There was an issue with the parts (one screw missing, and none of the supplied nuts would fit the screws for the lower bracket). Emailed NN before xmas and received the following reply "That's a first. Send a photo to sales@nippynormans.com". On the Saturday before xmas, I duly sent a video through.

On Thursday last I sent a follow-up email. Now, possibly everyone's on an extended break, though in which case a note on the website or a automated email reply would be helpful. But as I wasn't in the mood to sit around with bated breadth, late on Friday I dropped an email to Wunderlich. Two hours later I receive an email back from Wunderlich to let me know they would ship me the missing/correct parts.

I simply don't get it.

I’m not defending NN, but they were probably closed for Christmas. If they were, and they reopened today, I’d imagine they’ve got hundreds of orders to process today. You’ll probably hear from him tomorrow.

I’m not defending NN, but they were probably closed for Christmas. If they were, and they reopened today, I’d imagine they’ve got hundreds of orders to process today. You’ll probably hear from him tomorrow.

Yes, it's possible, and perhaps a bit of frustration on my side. Let's see, though if he has too much time on his hand to read this forum then I might be waiting a long time...

Great response from Wnderlich, mind.

This is the price of doing business with online companies. The only companies I try and deal with are shops that have a website, not just web only.
Never order from anywhere without a number.

We have created this, it will get worse as more moves online. It's our own fault and we will reap the problems.

Read the rest of this thread, for quite a lot of us this is normal Nippy service. If I can buy anywhere else, including overseas, then I do rather than deal with NN.

I simply don't get it.

There is a rule in sales that for every person who posts a positive experience there will be roughly 20 others who'll post an unhappy one.

This is a general rule of course.

Me, I've placed many orders with NN and only ever had positive experiences.

Back
Top Bottom