Tyre safety advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

oddshapedballs

Reaction score
Evening all,

Need to know if I have an issue or if I'm worrying about nothing.

Noticed that I have, in between the tread blocks on my rear Avon Trailrider, a cut/split approx 0.5 of an inch in length (horizontally) looks like I've gone over something or it's been cut by some twat with a stanley. Anyhoo, I pulled it apart a bit with a tiny flathead screwdriver and can see the wires, the split is fairly closed up and I've inserted some glue to keep any water out.

Do I need to replace the tyre, is it likely to split further with use? The tyre isn't leaking any air.

Cheers.

That was my initial thought, but as it's in the middle of the tyre, not very wide and in between the tread blocks I did wonder if it would make any difference at all as it's never doing to hit the road.

Half inch gash trough to the wire. You have no way of knowing what more damage there is. It took a fair amount of energy/power to do that. I'd be thanking my luckey stars that I noticed it and replace tyre asap. Yes you could take it off and investigate further but a cut down to the wire is enough to sling it. JJH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom