Recommend a Dealer?

NomadLad

Reaction score
Good Morning all, I've just moved to Crawley, West Sussex and looking for recommendations for a BMW dealer to buy a used GS LC.

We all know that the dealer can be the difference between a horrific ownership and a great one. The GS tends to like a recall or a bit of attention every now and then so want to make sure I buy from the best dealer.

I would be willing to travel but not silly distances.

I've heard great things about Bahnstormer Alton, any thoughts on them. Vines of Guildford and Cooper Tunbridge Wells are the two dealers closest to me.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hey there, I would def recommend Vines of Guildford, excellent service and always willing to help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hey there, I would def recommend Vines of Guildford, excellent service and always willing to help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Hi Buzzer, thanks for the vote! Will check em out 👍

Yep, agreed... Bahnstormer and Vines are both great. Bought mine (2014 GSA) from Vines last year and have had nothing but efficient service from them.

Great stuff lads, Cheers. I spoke with Bahnstormer earlier, going up for a chat this Saturday. I believe they're having a BBQ too, Bonus!!!

Maidenhead branch is much better than the alton branch imho..

if its buying a bike, look over a much wider area, you might find just what you want but have to travel for it. Servicing, parts and accessories can be source at you local dealer.

CW in Dorchester are very helpful.

Thanks for all the input guys, I paid Bahnstormer a visit, they seem like a great bunch and they have a great rep.

I'm most likely going to be doing BMW Finance and would rather buy from a BMW dealer for best warranty coverage etc.

I know its quite a bit cheaper going private, but from my previous (non-BMW) experience, when you bring a private-bought bike to a dealer for work, they do a lot less for you as there is more uncertainty about the bikes past and its easier to blame stuff on a previous owner rather than manufacture issues.

Regardless... will hopefully have a nice new (to me) GS LC in the next couple of weeks!

Thanks for all the input guys, I paid Bahnstormer a visit, they seem like a great bunch and they have a great rep.

I'm most likely going to be doing BMW Finance and would rather buy from a BMW dealer for best warranty coverage etc.

I know its quite a bit cheaper going private, but from my previous (non-BMW) experience, when you bring a private-bought bike to a dealer for work, they do a lot less for you as there is more uncertainty about the bikes past and its easier to blame stuff on a previous owner rather than manufacture issues.

Regardless... will hopefully have a nice new (to me) GS LC in the next couple of weeks!
Plus 1 for what you say. Also if bike bougjt at different dealer...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom