75/6 Ignition not turning looking to strip down and fix

curdavey

Reaction score
Put the key in my 75/6 and unable to turn key as it appears to be stuck. I did not try and force it.

I've sprayed WD40 to no avail and resorted to hotwiring successfully via the headlamp to get me home.

Looking for any advice as to what may be wrong and if anyone has stripped this down before.

How is this done and anything to watch out for.

Not sure how you remove the barral but once done, turn upside down and spray lot's brake cleaner up there...the odd piece of metal may fall out and all will be well in airhead world again :)

Have you got a folding ignition key? I didn't realise when I first got mine you have to fold it to turn the ignition.

Don;t use WD its pure schite and harmful to rubber

Get a tin of SilkOpen from Fuchs

We used this in the BMW dealers I worked at, its brilliant, its just another lubricating freeing up aerosol, but its loaded with graphite for sticky locks you would flood the key hole with this and rub the key in an out a few times and that was usually enough

Very occasionally a spray and a touch with an airline was needed

Don;t use WD its pure schite and harmful to rubber

Get a tin of SilkOpen from Fuchs

We used this in the BMW dealers I worked at, its brilliant, its just another lubricating freeing up aerosol, but its loaded with graphite for sticky locks you would flood the key hole with this and rub the key in an out a few times and that was usually enough

Very occasionally a spray and a touch with an airline was needed

Lidl had a similar spray in stock about a month ago, might still be a few cans there.

Back
Top Bottom