Just renewed

malcopopolo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just renewed with Bennetts underwritten by AXA my 2013 GS TE with standard disk lock, no mods. 5995 miles social and commute, Bike is garaged with £400 excess. I have 8 years no claims. Location Staffordshire. I am 50 years old.

Just basic fully comprehensive, no legal or add on bollox

Price ?

Its very good?

Its really good!

£103.44 of the Queens finest english pounds! (probably does not include panniers - but as only used once a year.. not fussed)

I am a very happy bunny! ------

As I have said before! Visit.. www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk

Next is the car insurance.....

6 weeks or so until mine is due and I have just had a look on that site and was pleasantly surprised with £152 for the XR

Give Corn Market Insurance a call on 02890 332111 tell them your reference number on the Bike Insurer website and they will try to beat the lowest quote.

Phil.

Shit! Bennetts letter dropped through the letter box this morning. More than 6 pages of bumph to get my head around.

Dear Sir, your on "auto renew" so we'll be taking £240.34 from you at the end of the month - unless you move smartish to tell us to FRO - 'cos "we understand that may be looking around for the best deal".

No shit Sherlock. You can bet your boots I'll be shopping around. Maybe I'll go compare a few prices in the near future.

Just renewed with Bennetts underwritten by AXA my 2013 GS TE with standard disk lock, no mods. 5995 miles social and commute, Bike is garaged with £400 excess. I have 8 years no claims. Location Staffordshire. I am 50 years old.

Just basic fully comprehensive, no legal or add on bollox

Price ?

Its very good?

Its really good!

£103.44 of the Queens finest english pounds! (probably does not include panniers - but as only used once a year.. not fussed)

I am a very happy bunny! ------

As I have said before! Visit.. www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk

Next is the car insurance.....

I am 61, bike is 2003 1150GSA, garaged, Abus Granit disk lock,
Full comp, married, own home, live in Nantwich, say 9,000mls a year, 90days Euro cover, breakdown, etc with Bennetts Additions and quoted £166 with 1 yr NCB from Bikesure who quoted me £235 renewal.
No contest at the moment but, I would have liked to have stayed with one company.
In fact, bikesure quote via bikeinsure was only £214 full comp with £500 excess.

Maybe some of the small print differ in the two quotes but, certainly worth having no conscious of loyalty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

£103.44 of the Queens finest english pounds!

That's a couple of quid more than Cornhill has just charged me. However, I took the legal and clothing cover which knotched it up to £138 fully comp. £350 excess. No voluntary excess.

Background: 57yr old, Worcester, 9 yrs NCB, clean driving licence and claims history. 1200 GSA LC 2014 valued at 12k. Garaged.

Because it was done through IAM Surety there is business use and observing included at no extra cost.

2016 TB Last year, £275 inc 0 voluntary excess. £450 mandatory and £2k of clothing cover (most others were £400)

This year. £595...wtf.

Nothing's changed!

Just renewed again courtesy of the bike insurer via Bennett's

Mileage reduced to 4999 and 400 excess. Includes paniers up to 400.

£83.90 of the queen's finest pounds for my 2013 r1200gs lc TE

Fully comp with a value of £7500.

Very pleased

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Just renewed again courtesy of the bike insurer via Bennett's

Mileage reduced to 4999 and 400 excess. Includes paniers up to 400.

£83.90 of the queen's finest pounds for my 2013 r1200gs lc TE

Fully comp with a value of £7500.

Very pleased

With reduced annual mileage of 4999, you won’t be going on many adventures outside of the county.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

With reduced annual mileage of 4999, you won’t be going on many adventures outside of the county.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk
Just come back from a 3 week plus trip. Yes next trip will be June 2019 plus.

Also it's an approximate mileage figure so can be exceeded by 500 miles and of course they are not aware of current mileage as not due until end of September.

Just come back from a 3 week plus trip. Yes next trip will be June 2019 plus.

Also it's an approximate mileage figure so can be exceeded by 500 miles and of course they are not aware of current mileage as not due until end of September.

Mot not due

Bennets

I have just been caught out by Bennets "Auto Renewal

Up 33 % !!

I specifically told them last year over the phone that I did not want the Auto renewal
Bennets Operations support team :) have told me that they sent letter end of April to inform me of the renewal price and thet they carried out the Auto renewal on May 18th

I have been working on a vessel at sea since 25th April

NAturally I have asked them to check the phone recording in which I state "No auto renewal" and to refund my money ASAP

We will see where this goes?

I have just been caught out by Bennets "Auto Renewal

Up 33 % !!

I specifically told them last year over the phone that I did not want the Auto renewal
Bennets Operations support team :) have told me that they sent letter end of April to inform me of the renewal price and thet they carried out the Auto renewal on May 18th

I have been working on a vessel at sea since 25th April

NAturally I have asked them to check the phone recording in which I state "No auto renewal" and to refund my money ASAP

We will see where this goes?
Under consumer laws you have 14 days to cancel without any charges except the time of the policy used

So glad this thread popped up

Just insured the Hypermotard including helmet and leathers and legal cover for the princely sum of £220. I could have got it cheaper than that but picked the AA offer as theye were not asking any daft questions about modifications or exhausts !

That is less than half of last years premium and way cheaper than renewal

So glad this thread popped up

Just insured the Hypermotard including helmet and leathers and legal cover for the princely sum of £220. I could have got it cheaper than that but picked the AA offer as theye were not asking any daft questions about modifications or exhausts !

That is less than half of last years premium and way cheaper than renewal

So after a very friendly call with Bennets they have

Submitted a letter of complaint to Operations on my behalf

Cancelled the autorenewed policy that commenced 18th MAy with no charge

Quoted me a new deal to commence 7th June when I arrive home :
$ 200 less than the cancelled policy and $ 80 cheaper than last year !!

I can only say that following initial rage I am Well chuffed with this service

Oh, And removed from Autorenew system for as long as with Bennets .

Faith in the human race once more restored :D

So after a very friendly call with Bennets they have

Submitted a letter of complaint to Operations on my behalf

Cancelled the autorenewed policy that commenced 18th MAy with no charge

Quoted me a new deal to commence 7th June when I arrive home :
$ 200 less than the cancelled policy and $ 80 cheaper than last year !!

I can only say that following initial rage I am Well chuffed with this service

Oh, And removed from Autorenew system for as long as with Bennets .

Faith in the human race once more restored :D
So they tried it on and when you complained they came up with a reasonable price to keep your business.

Everyone loves a trier. :D

2017 GSA TB

Renewal Letter from Hastings - £142.79
Compare the Market - Hastings - £113.40
The Bike Insurer - Hastings - £100.90

That's some disparity. No 'add ons' . Exactly the same parameters.

Shit! Bennetts letter dropped through the letter box this morning. More than 6 pages of bumph to get my head around.

Dear Sir, your on "auto renew" so we'll be taking £240.34 from you at the end of the month - unless you move smartish to tell us to FRO - 'cos "we understand that may be looking around for the best deal".

No shit Sherlock. You can bet your boots I'll be shopping around. Maybe I'll go compare a few prices in the near future.

Make damned sure that you get written confirmation of cancellation of auto renewal or it causes all sorts of shit , in my case auto renewal was cancelled verbally and the original broker then failed to carry out instructions and took out a policy at vast expense and i being unaware took out my own cheaper insurance , few months later have my new insurer threatening to cancel my new insurance as my no claims was in use on another policy , get informed that it is an offence to have two policies in force for the same vehicle and that both may be cancelled and I have possibly been drving uninsured for the past 3 months.

Took weeks to sort out and threats of the Financial Services Ombudsman re the unlawful direct debit taken out by the original insurer.

What made it worse was that the original policy had a proviso on it that it was NOT an auto renewal policy and the insurer claimed it is illegal not to have a policy on auto renewal which is an absolute load of crap

Renewal time again...

Bennetts are the existing broker with insurer AXA quoted £299. Changed bike mid term last year and paid total £179.

Rang them to ask why taking piss and quoted £150 with protected NCD same excess and no garage clause.

Back
Top Bottom