bike wont fire up after fuel tank off and brake service

fenj66

Reaction score
hello all,
i have had my bike (2004 gs1200) apart over the last day or two to change brake fluids and give the front suspension a bit of a derust.
the fuel tank has obviously been removed for access to the abs unit.

all done today so put everything back together, but now the bike turns over as normal but there is no firing up. all the fuel lines and connectors were put back as before, but no worky.!!
the battery is dead now so put on charge, but is there something obvious i could have missed like a way to bleed the fuel lines or reset the ignition etc?

cheers...

hello all,
i have had my bike (2004 gs1200) apart over the last day or two to change brake fluids and give the front suspension a bit of a derust.
the fuel tank has obviously been removed for access to the abs unit.

all done today so put everything back together, but now the bike turns over as normal but there is no firing up. all the fuel lines and connectors were put back as before, but no worky.!!
the battery is dead now so put on charge, but is there something obvious i could have missed like a way to bleed the fuel lines or reset the ignition etc?

cheers...

A suggestion from me is to take it apart again and re-do it hoping you will find the mistake.
No need bleed fuel lines or re-set ignition. Sounds to me as though you have a fuel supply problem
and need to check fuel lines are on correct and the fuel pump controller plug has been re-fitted if, indeed, it has been off.

Plus one fir checking the fuel lines again fir alignment. I found it was easy to foul/ squeeze fuel line just ar the left of the fuel tank. Left as in when sitting on bike

well, ive followed the advice and rechecked everything. and low and behold, the connector to the fuel pump wasnt pushed in far enough! it looked in but had another 5mm further to go.
battery charged up and started first turn of the key.

i feel like wally of the week now. doh!!

but the brakes work fine after a test ride - full four circuit fluid change following the youtube "how to" videos.

thanks guys..

well, ive followed the advice and rechecked everything. and low and behold, the connector to the fuel pump wasnt pushed in far enough! it looked in but had another 5mm further to go.
battery charged up and started first turn of the key.

i feel like wally of the week now. doh!!

but the brakes work fine after a test ride - full four circuit fluid change following the youtube "how to" videos.

thanks guys..

Happy to have been of help. Glad it's sorted :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom