Oh dear, what have I done!

RPMDAKAR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Changed the Master Cylinder and thought, why not put a braided hose on at the same time, Oh no, first I couldn't access the steel to flexi connector without dropping the wheel & swing arm linkage, skinned all my knuckles undoing the steel connection to the junction fitting, managed to get it off after 45 mins of one eighth of a turn at a time, disconected that from the engine mount, vapourised the fitting and got the mullered connection bolt out and now, I cannot start the thread on the ssteel connection without removing the suspension unit, So, how do I do that? Anyone with any serious answers please?

?? Take the master cylinder off and connect the pipe first?

Solution, thanks to You Tube

Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I have it sussed, thanks to you tube. But one word of advice, make sure you have an empty fuel tank!!!!
I called it a day after raising the rear end (Oer Missus) dropping the suspension unit allowing me and my hands like a bunch of bananas to reconnect the steel pipe & my sparkley new braided jobbie. All I have to do now is bleed the bloody thing, buts thats tommorrows job.

The culprit

Here we have the problem

Attachments

• dakar 1.jpg
    dakar 1.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 260
  • Dakar2a (3).jpg
    Dakar2a (3).jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 302

Back
Top Bottom