West Coast Tour

geordielad

Reaction score
Leaving in 30 mins for a tour of the West Coast - the usual, Kerry, Dingle and Beara - can't wait even though the weather looks "mixed" to say the least.

Did the Wild Atlantic Way about 4 years ago and loved it - funnily enough, since then, I now often go to work in Cork / Kinsale and offshore from there, so get to see more between tours.

Stopping in Killorglin as a base and working from there. So if you see a couple of "drowned rat" bikers stopped to dry off and get a cup of tea - give us a shout :beerjug:

Leaving in 30 mins for a tour of the West Coast - the usual, Kerry, Dingle and Beara - can't wait even though the weather looks "mixed" to say the least.

Did the Wild Atlantic Way about 4 years ago and loved it - funnily enough, since then, I now often go to work in Cork / Kinsale and offshore from there, so get to see more between tours.

Stopping in Killorglin as a base and working from there. So if you see a couple of "drowned rat" bikers stopped to dry off and get a cup of tea - give us a shout :beerjug:

Out around Caragh Lake and back into the Reeks area is nice - as you will be Killorglin based - if you are not already familiar with the place

Out around Caragh Lake and back into the Reeks area is nice - as you will be Killorglin based - if you are not already familiar with the place

Aye thanks - know that and will be doing it again on Thursday / Friday.
Just done Dingle again today and weather was lovely - Beara tomorrow - not been there before. :beer:

Not sure how good it is but I believe the most westerly brewery in Europe is in Ballyferriter just beyond Ventry/Slea Head. Must be worth a taste.

Ah,just saw that you've done that route. Not sure what to reccomend, you'll be spoilt withj scenery and remote little cafes and pubs if you follow the coast on beara and keep on going along the next couple of peninsulas too. Nice walk on end of sheeps head by lighthouse and nice cafe there too. Moving further along Crookhaven a nice spot and if you're camping some opportunities there by beach, jumping off the pier is popular there too.

The Burren is buzzing and the weather is mostly good but do it on a weekday if your schedule allows.
I am thick with flu but want to make Bikefest.
We should organise a UKgser lap of the ring.

Jaysus lads...... €500 for a hotel in Killarney for Sat and Sunday night.

I'll give it a miss!

Sent from a OnePlusX.

The Burren is buzzing and the weather is mostly good but do it on a weekday if your schedule allows.
I am thick with flu but want to make Bikefest.
We should organise a UKgser lap of the ring.

Could we name it "Lards of The Ring 2017" :aidan

`bike fest in kerry place will be full
Yeah I know, there's a crowd of my mates going down and they've obviously paid the extortionate hotel rates but I won't.

I'd want a week on the Costa del Whichever for €500.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Plenty of accommodation around the Ring, handy enough for a nice run to Killarny.
Anywhere withing 30km is near enough (unless you want to drink at the fest).

Heading now. I got accommodation 5km from Killarny. €70 for 2.
We will be doing a run \ lunch 10ish am Sunday.
Meeting A bunch of Cork gentlemen in Kenmare 10:30 - 11:00
If the weather is really s--t we may re jig the plan.
I will be on my 10 Varadero.

I'm heading down on Sunday. Got Sunday nights room in The Killarney Plaza, only booked on Thursday. Gonna try and hook up with a few of my mates in Kenmare around lunchtime (halfway through their rideout) and do the second half of their spin back to base.......then a night out.

Had a great week - one day of rain and a few other showers.

Killarney was absolutely chocka from Thursday onwards - we were staying in Killorglin, so no problems with the traffic like they had.

Have done Dingle and the Ring of Kerry before - all good as usual, but this time the Ring of Beara was recommended by a guy I work with in Cork - I have to say that it is absolutely stunning!!!

If you get the chance, do it and most importantly, do the Gap of Dunloe and Black valley - they will take you to / from Molls Gap depending on which way you go. Superb riding even on an RT for those types of roads.

Came home at the weekend and flew back to Cork yesterday for work - weather here is crap! but still better than sitting for 5hrs on the A55 because of a jumper on the bridge at Bodelwyddan - you try to be sympathetic to people that feel that bad, but it wears thin after 5 hrs!

Back
Top Bottom