How to restart partway through a route

Jer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I'm after a little bit of help here. During a trip if I stop mid way through a planned route which requires me to turn off the Nav V, after lunch/coffee brake I then restart the Nav V and reselect my route in trip planner where upon it asks me to select either the start or final destination. I've been selecting the start then pressing the skip screen button once on the move but then it still gives me directions and a time for going back to the start, which is not what I'm after, all I want to do is continue on the planned route. The route has a waypoint for the start and finish and lots of shaping points in between. I've not been selecting the final destination waypoint as I don't want it to recalculate and send me on the most direct rout, missing out my entered shaping points. (fastest route option has been selected)
What am I doing wrong ?. do I need to turn off auto route calculation.

thanks - I'm sure there is a simple answer, I've just not been able to find in here.

On my NavV I have to do nothing. I stop for lunch and turn off the ignition. My Nav V shuts down......

After lunch I restart my bike and my Nav V automatically restarts. In doing so it picks up the navigation with no need for any input from me

not sure with your sav nav but others....settings as when turned on continue with last route or start new route.maybe... if you set it to continue last route

I think this used to happen a lot when the later (post 660) devices first came out. A real pain as few people could remember where the next via point was from the list presented.. Software updates appear to have solved the problem, have you updated the software? This is not the same as updating the maps. Connect your device to Garmin Express or Basecamp and it should tell you if your Nav V is up to date.

John

When I restart the bike the Nav V comes on but starts with the normal start-up screen, its doesn't ask if I want to resume last route - do I need to go into settings and find the resume route option ?
I'll also check my Nav V software version but I think it was last updated in Jan 2017.

If the device does not fire up and carry on from where it left off, then just re-select your route again and when it asks if you want to navigate to the START, just say No. It should head for the next waypoint / marker.

Mine does.

When start up screen comes on just click Map and your route should still be there.

What he says. The Nav V switches on and , if it does not come on automatically, then just touch the "Maps" button and your route should already be up and running there. You will know if there is an active route running if the 'X" is there on the rhs of the screen.

Early in its life the Nav V would lose its current route if the owner stopped for say a coffee or lunch.

This glitch was fixed in an early software update. Has yours been done?

Simply closing the device down at a lunch stop or cofffee stop should leave the route displayed when the device restarts. Simply navigate to the route; helps if you have auto-recalculation set to 'Off' or prompted.

Early in its life the Nav V would lose its current route if the owner stopped for say a coffee or lunch.

This glitch was fixed in an early software update. Has yours been done?

Simply closing the device down at a lunch stop or cofffee stop should leave the route displayed when the device restarts. Simply navigate to the route; helps if you have auto-recalculation set to 'Off' or prompted.

As per my post (4) applies to other devices too although auto recalcuation on or off makes no difference to this software problem. I like auto recalculation because it gets me out of trouble and, stange thought it might be for some to understand, you don't have to obey. If I know a better way I can and do ignore the device but then the auto recalculation catches up when I get back on the route. For me it works well with properly planned routes.

John

As the others say, you shouldn't have to do anything, and even if you don't select 'map' again, the screen should change back to the route after a 30 secs or so.

Is your software up to date though? Could be the problem...

Thanks for the replies, away with work at the moment but will try next week when back, by just riding off and see if Nav then starts up route, or by going into Map button on screen. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom