Faulty Sena 20s base?

Roadrash Rider

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok another strange event this morning with the Sena 20s, sharing it hoping someone may have had similar and knows a fix?

Repaired Redrick and my sena whilst sat having breakfast. Worked great, about an hour later all I can hear coming through the headset is Rick effing and jeffing not unusual, but this time he was effing and jeffing at the sena. So much so that he ended switched it off.

Got back to the man cave, whenever the sena is on no matter what button you touch the sena continues to say group intercom?

So full resets soft and pin resets later Ricks sena continues to say group intercom whenever it's connected to his base.

So in a final attempt we try Ricks sena on my helmet. Works fine?

Put my sena on Ricks helmet same problem unit keeps saying group intercom?

Tried both senas on a 3rd helmet both worked fine, so pretty sure it's a problem with Ricks base which is a recently purchased second sena base, on close inspection nothing looks bent, buttons seem to work fine but the think won't work?

Anyone else had this problem?

Ok another strange event this morning with the Sena 20s, sharing it hoping someone may have had similar and knows a fix?

Repaired Redrick and my sena whilst sat having breakfast. Worked great, about an hour later all I can hear coming through the headset is Rick effing and jeffing not unusual, but this time he was effing and jeffing at the sena. So much so that he ended switched it off.

Got back to the man cave, whenever the sena is on no matter what button you touch the sena continues to say group intercom?

So full resets soft and pin resets later Ricks sena continues to say group intercom whenever it's connected to his base.

So in a final attempt we try Ricks sena on my helmet. Works fine?

Put my sena on Ricks helmet same problem unit keeps saying group intercom?

Tried both senas on a 3rd helmet both worked fine, so pretty sure it's a problem with Ricks base which is a recently purchased second sena base, on close inspection nothing looks bent, buttons seem to work fine but the think won't work?

Anyone else had this problem?

No, but along with a friend I was out in Wales with on Thursday who also had (not for the first time either) 20S problems, yours has just made me giggle as I dont have and dont know anyone who has problems with the Sena SMH 10.

I hope this helps in some way. :augie

It gets even stranger

Got home and started to strip the original base from my other helmet in order to rectify the identified problem with some more offing and blinding i may add only to discover that the problem now seems to have sorted itself out ??

Witchcraft this blue teeth stuff is make no mistake

heard a similar issue with one where water had got in the base,then when dried out it worked fine, not sure if this was your problem

heard a similar issue with one where water had got in the base,then when dried out it worked fine, not sure if this was your problem

Dc that's all I can think it was, we had that shitty drizzle weather. It's that or Rick is just cursed when it come's to bike comm's.

Perhaps you shouldn't strip it with a mallet or other Yorkshire blunt instruments?:D

No, no we used a precision Yorkshire mallet of the correct weight and size. Ricks getting much better at these things now, he's not quite the blunt instrument he used to be.

Dc that's all I can think it was, we had that shitty drizzle weather. It's that or Rick is just cursed when it come's to bike comm's.

Watta, that sounds about right. Trying to pair up with a 20s ( same chap as mentioned earlier archually) whilst in the Borders t'other week. Wouldnt have it. He produced the instructions as he'd always meant to read em :rolleyes: one of which tells the op to shake the unit in a figure of eight fashion a la "mekkin a cocktail owd dook" :confused: Even has a diagram for it! With nothing to lose I tried it and copious amounts of 'watta' were shaken out of the unit from a slot in the back. No slot in the 10, its all sealed.
Anyrode, after a bit more riding and with the wind in his hair (and helmet) it must've all dried out and worked fine.

I assume you've not read any of the instructions have you?.....Being Yarksheerish and all that; gi' it a try.:thumb

(What colour is the mallet?)

Watta, that sounds about right. Trying to pair up with a 20s ( same chap as mentioned earlier archually) whilst in the Borders t'other week. Wouldnt have it. He produced the instructions as he'd always meant to read em :rolleyes: one of which tells the op to shake the unit in a figure of eight fashion a la "mekkin a cocktail owd dook" :confused: Even has a diagram for it! With nothing to lose I tried it and copious amounts of 'watta' were shaken out of the unit from a slot in the back. No slot in the 10, its all sealed.
Anyrode, after a bit more riding and with the wind in his hair (and helmet) it must've all dried out and worked fine.

I assume you've not read any of the instructions have you?.....Being Yarksheerish and all that; gi' it a try.:thumb

(What colour is the mallet?)

Are there instructions ?

I rely on Andy to read them if there are and it wasn't a mallet it was a stanley precision lump hammer !

If it can't be done with a swiss army knife i don't do it !

If it keeps saying "Group Intercom" on one helmet and then when you re fix the base it stops, I strongly suspect that the small button on the base of the helmet unit was being pressed or its circuit was being closed somehow so the 20s thought it was being pressed. The button is the small rubber on on the helmet unit not the 20s bit. you press it to activate the group intercom feature.

Back
Top Bottom