Inner Pannier Bags

Yes I bought a set for my 1150GS for my ride to Iran last Autumn and they were fine.

However the BMW ones are more robust and with better pockets (I bought a pair secondhand for my RT).
They come up for sale on this site from time to time so if you are not in a rush you could pick up a good secondhand pair and it's worth paying a premium I think.

Hope this helps

Simon
Apologies if this has been posted before guys.

Has anyone used these kind of inner bags?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302157620263

If so can you recommend them? Looking at the Beemer ones, but they're fookin pricey! :eek:

i have some BMW inner bags I am just going to put in the for sale section they are off the RT1200 LC . hardly used and as good as new . Not sure if they fit the R1200R

The BMW ones are very good quality and robust. I had a pair but ended up selling them as I didn't like the design with the zip in a central position on the top of the bags.

This means when you reach into the pannier the zip is not so easily accessible and I ended up having to remove the bag from the pannier hunt around in the bag, often removing more contents in the process.

The style on eBay and the ones I have (kathys journey designs) means that I can either undo the zip and easily reach in, as the zip is on the edge, or if I know what I want is on the other side then I remove the pannier and access via the second zip on the other side.

I also use the bags from Amazon to further divide the pannier contents.

It's all personal opinion and depends on what you put into the panniers of course.

The BMW ones are very good quality and robust. I had a pair but ended up selling them as I didn't like the design with the zip in a central position on the top of the bags.

This means when you reach into the pannier the zip is not so easily accessible and I ended up having to remove the bag from the pannier hunt around in the bag, often removing more contents in the process.

The style on eBay and the ones I have (kathys journey designs) means that I can either undo the zip and easily reach in, as the zip is on the edge, or if I know what I want is on the other side then I remove the pannier and access via the second zip on the other side.

I also use the bags from Amazon to further divide the pannier contents.

It's all personal opinion and depends on what you put into the panniers of course.

A very good point. BMW's are very high quality, I have a pair for my K1600, but the zip location I agree and don't like so much.

I bought similar to the ones you are looking at, but for the 1200GSA, same seller, and used them on a long series of trips during a year off and some 35,000 miles. They survived, very scathed, and are still in use :thumb

The biggest change for me has been the packing cubes which separate all the gear into organised and reasonably compact spaces.
I opted for the Amazon Basics range, but I'm sure there are much better ones on the market.

i have some BMW inner bags I am just going to put in the for sale section they are off the RT1200 LC . hardly used and as good as new . Not sure if they fit the R1200R

I have a RT1200. Would they not fit??

What's the difference between the two models??

I have a RT1200. Would they not fit??

What's the difference between the two models??

The link you have goes to an R1200R ..!

My bags fit into the RT1200 LC Panniers and these are the same panniers on a K1600GT. pretty sure they will fit into a pre LC 1200 pannier too has the inners are very much the same, It was the exterior that was changed.

My bags are proper BMW Motoraad items, they are black, have removable straps, two outside pockets on each side and obviously a middle interior compartment. there are in Pristine condition , hardly used . £60 posted to you sir , think they retail well over £100

OK gents I'm getting confused here! Using the link for the search notagser has posted shows my model as the following; You Have Selected: K26 (R 900 RT, R 1200 RT) BMW R 1200 RT 10 (0430,0440). Type Code: 0430

DC do you know if the bags you have will fit? Sorry for being a complete bell end! :blast

DC do you know if the bags you have will fit? Sorry for being a complete bell end! :blast[/QUOTE said:
mine was posted on the forum last night and sold within five mins !

If you want proper BMW ones contact a dealer for the part number or just purchase. The cheaper ones are fine for the odd trip, but there is obviously a difference in quality

I bought a pair on fleabay for £25. Solidly made. Have the main zip plus an expansion zip. Not BMW, though. Fit my RT perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom