Correct height for handle bars when standing up

G&T

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is there a quick physical test to establish the optimum height for handlebars when standing on pegs. I'm 6ft + and whilst perfect when sat down I have to hunch down when stood up. I'm sure those who have been on an off-road course will know how to measure the set up.
Thanks
Glenn

I expect a better expert will be along soon, my view is it depends on how you ride or intend to ride off-road...

Cruising and having a good look around is very different from elbows wide & square, slight bend in the leg and eyes lazered into the distance full on attack mode.

I found on my GSA just rolling the bars forward in the clamps made a big difference, I'd give that a try first.

Are your handle bars rotated back for normal riding? I ask because when you stand your levers need to be further down. You do this by rotating the bars forward or achieving a compromise between the two.

Hi

Isn't it dependant on how rough the tesco car park is?

Obviously for Waitrose there is no need to stand at all, surprising, considering the fact you seem to need a 4X4 to shop there.

Are your handle bars rotated back for normal riding? I ask because when you stand your levers need to be further down. You do this by rotating the bars forward or achieving a compromise between the two.

Thanks Bungy. Everything is stock at the mo. I just wondered, for example, if when stood with a straight leg on pegs with arms out stretched toward handles if there should be a certain number of inches between your finger tips and handles? That way when you lean over to grap the handle you have the correct amount of lean. Then you can alter the levers etc.

Thanks Bungy. Everything is stock at the mo. I just wondered, for example, if when stood with a straight leg on pegs with arms out stretched toward handles if there should be a certain number of inches between your finger tips and handles? That way when you lean over to grap the handle you have the correct amount of lean. Then you can alter the levers etc.

I understand what you are saying but I think it is a personal thing and will come with experimental changes.

ive my bars rolled forward to 2nd mark on bars, then front brake/clutch lever lifted up to about 2mm over the bottom of range line on bars as i like levers higher than standard set up.

Something like this?

Attachments

• 769013d1360127113-handle-bar-length-handlebars1.jpg
    769013d1360127113-handle-bar-length-handlebars1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 130

Back
Top Bottom