Biker friendly tea rooms please

maico97

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any tea rooms along the way of some nice roads.... seeing as the "Doris" is addicted to tea and teacakes/scones, I thought I would keep my pillion happy with a few stops for refreshments and those "I need a wee" moments:rolleyes:

When you say 'Doris',are you referring to your good lady,or to the eloquent wit that is the self-appointed keeper of the gate in the HD section ?

And I thought a coal eating, rolled up newspaper living, greyhound abusing, eckythump, put wood in t'hole, flat cap, pipe smoking, LS Lowry, down t' pit, hobnail clog wearing, buggers grips sporting, real ale supping Yorkshireman would beat a man to death for simply uttering a word like tearoom :nenau

Ahh, How times have changed :rolleyes:

Been to a few in the peaks, don't remember a bad one or one that didn't welcome m/cs

Why does it have to be bike friendly? And what is bike friendly?

some people seem to be attached to the notion that motorcyclists are badass rather than the reality of being mostly affluent, middle class, bloated, baby boomers

Exactly................anything 'bike friendly' I normally avoid avoid and the food will always be fried shite

Whereas your quintessential english tea room will serve decent, usually homemade food

My mate always looks for bike friendly accommodation, but wonders why I couldn't care less if they are bike friendly or not. I dont see what difference it makes.:nenau

Exactly................anything 'bike friendly' I normally avoid avoid and the food will always be fried shite

Haha very true. Never had the food at Ace Cafe and never will.

And I thought a coal eating, rolled up newspaper living, greyhound abusing, eckythump, put wood in t'hole, flat cap, pipe smoking, LS Lowry, down t' pit, hobnail clog wearing, buggers grips sporting, real ale supping Yorkshireman would beat a man to death for simply uttering a word like tearoom :nenau

Ahh, How times have changed :rolleyes:

I think you have covered all Yorkshire bases there:JB....and just for the record, the tearoom thing is purely for the "doris", im quite happy pulling up somewhere and making my own brew...wi' propa Yorkshire tea bags:green gri

My mate always looks for bike friendly accommodation, but wonders why I couldn't care less if they are bike friendly or not. I dont see what difference it makes.:nenau

Strange & I've met him

As long as they have some parking arrangements - anywhere is good

My experience from our last trip to UK was the Spa Tea Room at Hovingham in Yorkshire. On the B1257 near Castle Howard. Great place! They have their own bakery and make some superb bread and scones.

My experience from our last trip to UK was the Spa Tea Room at Hovingham in Yorkshire. On the B1257 near Castle Howard. Great place! They have their own bakery and make some superb bread and scones.

One of my favourites, their bread and cakes are some of the finest in Yorkshire

Simon is a master chef, turned baker and his cooking is superb

Pretty location too, in the estate village of the Worsley family

http://www.hovinghambakery.co.uk/

http://hovingham.org.uk/businesses_bakery.php

Getting harder to find these days, not very glamorous but we frequently use Morrisons supermarkets, McDonnalds or Witherspoons, no worries about parking, reasonable quality drinks and good prices. The car parking is easy and they don't mind peoplease taking their time.
Morrisons Boroughbridge is a great meeting point before a day riding the North Pennines or Moors.

Witherspoons, FFS how many people say witherspoons, I will ask JB to do a Poll, it Wetherspoons.

I was wondering the same.
Are some bike-hostile?

I'm not sure most businesses care what form of transport you arrive on provided you spend your money in their establishment.

'The Wild Ones' was a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom