Gairloch in June!

SteveT

Reaction score
Thought I'd fire this into the local ether for those with an interest in enjoying the outdoors on the Longest day weekend (nearly :D)

http://advscotland.com/index.php?topic=1375.0

No format, no fuss. Just turn up, pitch up and chill out whilst watching the sun set in the west . . . . . . . . then watch it pop back up again an hour or so later (or however long it takes ;)) in the east.

SteveT

:cool:

Assuming that you can see it, official sunset is at 22:27 and sunrise at 04:21 with civil twilight at 23:41 to 03:08.

Nautical twilight is the rest of the "night" from a week ago till the third week of July.

Best take an eye mask if you don't like sleeping with the light on!

Sadly Im working its also the Gairloch big boat race that weekend too :(

I'm staying at Gairloch campsite on Friday 23rd June as part of a 4 day tour of Scotland with my old man and a mate. As we're going to be averaging about 350-400 miles a day I doubt we'll be staying up to watch the sunrise (there is a good chance I'll be asleep before sunset!) but be nice to have a pint and a chin wag with any others up there for the weekend.

GS-Jonesy;4732494 As we're going to be averaging about 350-400 miles a day I doubt we'll be staying up to watch the sunrise (there is a good chance I'll be asleep before sunset!) [/QUOTE said:
350 - 400 mile days north of the Central Belt ie Glasgow - Edinburgh?

I'm staying at Gairloch campsite on Friday 23rd June as part of a 4 day tour of Scotland with my old man and a mate. As we're going to be averaging about 350-400 miles a day I doubt we'll be staying up to watch the sunrise (there is a good chance I'll be asleep before sunset!) but be nice to have a pint and a chin wag with any others up there for the weekend.

400 miles a day on a 4 day tour, interesting, less us know about all these new found roads you know about.

400 miles a day on a 4 day tour, interesting, less us know about all these new found roads you know about.

Mmmm.......... I did Galashiels to Ullapool (320 miles) and back the next day. Admittedly, it was on a sports bike - but I was "a tad weary" when I got back.

As Cabby points out - you will have your work cut out, I think.

Al

Why bother Steve eh..best left to their own I think :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom