Exped SynMat 9 vs SynMat 7?

PhaedrusMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Obviously the 9cm version should be more comfy, but might the 7cm version be comfy enough? I'm 15st, 5' 11", 80% side-sleeper, 20% back. 9cm is €50 dearer than 7cm, and I've just been spending too much on non-essential stuff lately, so that €50 matters. Need the Exped before HUBB at the end of June.

Obviously the 9cm version should be more comfy, but might the 7cm version be comfy enough? I'm 15st, 5' 11", 80% side-sleeper, 20% back. 9cm is €50 dearer than 7cm

I have the 7 Down mat. Its fine, but then I'm only 73kg:D
It will just need more air for your good/ample self.

I do find them a bit narrow though. Get the L and try before you buy.

Obviously the 9cm version should be more comfy, but might the 7cm version be comfy enough? I'm 15st, 5' 11", 80% side-sleeper, 20% back. 9cm is €50 dearer than 7cm, and I've just been spending too much on non-essential stuff lately, so that €50 matters. Need the Exped before HUBB at the end of June.

You said you had spent too much on non essential stuff....comfortable sleeping is VERY essential and worth the extra 50 quid..........but you knew that anyway!:D

I have the UL 9 LW and used it for a week in April - it's extremely comfy. The one you're after should be the same. Outdoor GB has it for £103. Postage to Ireland - £9. I found during that week that if I let a wee bit air out while lying on it, it was even better.

http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/Exped_Sy...gh502n12Y479PnbdeazqqGx-ANni_eEXklhoCOavw_wcB

Also - I bought a Cocoon Air Core pillow from Alloutdoors and it's very good too. Used it last weekend in my bed vs my Tempur pillow and I had a great nights sleep. Not too dear either....

Gerry's correct - a good nights sleep is very important.

D.

A good night's sleep is of course important - more important than some of the stuff I've bought recently. Doesn't change the fact that I've over-spent on less important stuff... :blast

At that price from OutdoorGB, and using my Parcel Motel address, the 9 is around the same price as the 7 from most places I found online.

:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom