Motor tent?

irishbiker27

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anybody has used one of these moto tents where you can park your bike in it as well. Looking for a new tent and just saw this one? Just wondering if there any good.

Cheers,

Which one are you considering? I like a big tent so I can stand up in it and a separate sleeping area. I have thought about one of those with a bike garage in it but just for the xtra room. JJH

This is my mates Vango Stelvio , at the TT, it took a right battering last night, and laughed it off. Plenty of room for the bike. I have the same tent, although i have never tried the bike in it. Posted my 5 m

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-06-16-47-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-06-06-16-47-04.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,042
  • Screenshot_2017-06-06-16-46-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-06-06-16-46-22.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,052
I used a Lone Rider MotoTent on a four week trip around Europe this summer. Previously I have used any excuse to get a room, but this tent (plus a cot and a chair) made all the difference. To be able to stand up and have all your gear dry is awesome. Never took the bike in, but it is nice to have the option for really dodgy areas or repair jobs in the sun or rain. (I once slept in a Memphis hotel room with two F650s...)

I looked at the Redverz Atacoma and Solo as well, but found one too big and the other too small. The LoneRider is perfect for me; plenty of room for one and enough space for two. Quality seems great, setup and teardown quick and easy. Would buy again!

Useful for accessing your panniers when its pissing it down.

Ever thought it would be easier to unclip the panniers and throw them into the tent vestibule?

I find it fascinating that some are happy for their bikes to get all the motorway crap and rain/shit , yet want to keep them in a tent each night!
Lunacy?

I might sound a bit tight, but I just carry a cheap bike cover, it keeps it dry in a mega downpour, and stick a disc lock with alarm on wheel, just for peace of mind, then any good Decathlon tent does the job, rest of money saved goes on wine and cheese lol.

Are fuel fumes an issue with these they being enclosed spaces and with some bikes having the baility to flood carbs and piss fuel?

As with just about everything there is no right or wrong, what works for one doesn't for another and also the type of trip and junk you need to take.

I wanted space, don't get on well with cramped spaces and the increased pack space for the Redverz Atacama was a trade I was happy to take.

Used it round three weeks in Europe, started in East Sussex where it hammered down with rain, had the bike in the tent and fitted some up and back bar risers (didn't have a spare min at home), most of the time the bike was out of the tent, at Mont Blanc campsite I didn't have to pay for bike parking as it was inside the tent but the saving is only a small fraction to the outlay.

If I go on a trip which has a lot of one-night stop overs I might try a simple pop-up tent but for 2 or more night the Redverz suited.

The Lonerider looked like a great option too, I had seen some you tube videos which were all positive.

I just happened to be standing in the adventure bike shop in Suffolk (on display) and bought the Redverz on the spot.
4ea4e55cd7ecebb37df4f6ac5bd4e99a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom