Hi from Aberdeen!!

bandituk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,
New GS owner here. Bought a 2009 GS from my neighbour yesterday. 20k miles on the clock and fitted with loads of useful upgrades.

Sargent seat
Full Akrapovich exhaust
rear hugger
front fender extender
frame protection covers
Luggage (Of course!)
Headlight and oil cooler covers

It's in very good condition in Alpine white. I believe it's a special edition as it's fitted with spoked wheels. Maybe you guys can confirm that?

The rear ESA shock was leaking so it's away at Firefox for servicing.

Previous bikes are as follows

1979 Suzuki GT50
1979 Suzuki GP100
1983 Suzuki GS125
1976 Yamaha DT175
1997 Suzuki GSF600
1999 Suzuki GSX750F
2001 Honda VTR1000F
2001 Suzuki GSX1400
1987 Dnepr MT11 650 outfit(R65 motor)
1987 BMW R80 Mono
1989 Dnepr MT11 outfit
1981 Kawasaki Z750
1993 Kawasaki ZZR1100
1985 BMW K100RS
1987 BMW K75S (Most soulless bike I've ever had!!)
1981 Suzuki GP100 (Again! Just for nostalgia!)
1979 Yamaha DT175MX (Still have it. 50th birthday present from my bruv. Restored myself)

Planning on doing the North Coast 500 with a mate soon. Due to the bouncy rear shock, I havent really used the GS yet but it feels great so far.

Cheers

Ian

Hey Ian, welcome to the group, I'm also from Aberdeen. Is it the GS adventure you've got with the larger fuel tank. It's normally the GSAdventure (GSA) that comes with the spoked wheels as standard. Have you done North Coast 500 before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I've been told, it was a special edition. Also,there were a lot of extras specified when the bike was ordered new. I've not done the NC500 before but I've been reading up in preparation for it.

NC500 you'll love, up from Inverness to Ullapool and then onto Durness is awesome. Roads are fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ian. I was offered spoked wheels on my GS when I bought it from Dundee so maybe that's why yours has them.

Welcome to the forum, a lot of folk have upgraded the shocks. Is your the electronic type?? Think they can be reworked for a few hundred quid, have a gander on the 1200 section do a search and it will give you some good experiences.

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark,
I've just realised who you were! On the ABZBikers forum, I'm known as Cossackmannie. I haven't been on there in ages.

Ian

Hi Mark,
I've just realised who you were! On the ABZBikers forum, I'm known as Cossackmannie. I haven't been on there in ages.

Ian

Aye aye Ian how you keeping? Nah me neither ain't been on for a while.

I need to pop around sometime to drop off your carb gauges, been sat in my toolbox for years now. That or i pay you some money for them :)

How you enjoying the GS, Ive had mine for a few years now and love it..

I've not been out on it due to the lack of rear esa shock but that'll be here on Tuesday. Pop round any time Mark. The kettle is always on.
I'd be grateful if you had a look over my GS sometime as there's a few questions I need answered re: equipment, riding tips etc.

Tbh, I'd forgot I'd ever owned a set of carb gauges!! I only have the DT175MX and the GS now so no real need for them any more.

Cheers

Ian

Back
Top Bottom