Computers Won't Connect To iPhone?

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, for some unknown reason to me and more surprisingly, my kids, my iPhone won't connect to ANY computer anymore? :confused:
Now, when I plug it in to any computer it makes the " bing" sound as if it's been acknowledged ( the computer ) but nothing shows? :(
The phones operating system is up to date and I've tried it on my new laptop, the home pc and my sons laptop. Tried different leads including an original apple one but still no luck? :mad:
I've been through the settings on my phone but can't find anything.
HELP! :bow

I could go to an Apple Store but that's a bit of a pain in the ass working away all week in a truck. Ta.

Have you updated the iOS on the iPhone? my iPad and iPhone updated yesterday. Yours might do it automatically. You may need to update iTunes on the PC to suit?

Al

Have you updated the iOS on the iPhone? my iPad and iPhone updated yesterday. Yours might do it automatically. You may need to update iTunes on the PC to suit?

Al

Yep, iOS is up to date. My iPad connects straight away with the same lead. :confused:

open iTunes manually?

might be a faulty connection in the iPhone socket then?

tried setting up wifi sync/transfers?

Al

Strange thing is ( I'm probably gonna explain this badly) that when I open iTunes on my laptop my phone symbol is there. I can see all the data, photos, misc etc on the phone but can't get any info ( pictures etc) to download onto my computer because the computer isn't " seeing " my phone?
If I go into the Device Manager on my laptop there isn't any mobile devices registered? :confused:
It's even got my 18 year old son AND my daughter stumped. And she's doing an IT course! :blast

Is your laptop "authorised" for the phone?

Have you linked the phone to too many PC/laptops?

I'm shooting in the dark here............

Al

Yep, my new lap top is " trusted " by my phone but then nothing? It won't connect on the home pc either. Looks like a trip to apple is on the cards. :mad:

Thanks for your help. :thumb2

Morning Udders

Edited :blast. Just saw your phone is trusted so ignore below

I had this issue. In my case I had inadvertently clicked on 'don't trust' this device so my pc never saw or recognised my iPhone again

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202778

Go to this apple support page and try this out. Mine reconnected and now all is well.

Let us know how you get on

Cheers

Clive

Back
Top Bottom