Diagnostic tools

john lund

Reaction score
Hi everyone hope I'm posting this in the right place was just wondering if anyone can give me any advice anyone used one of Of these?

diagnostic-tool-duonix-bikescan-100-for-bmw-motor

01-030-0105-0_i_01.jpg

I looked at that and asked some questions and wasn't convinced.

For a lot less money than that you can get an enthusiast GS911 Bluetooth and for not a lot more a WiFi version which are the proper job.
It may win if you want it to use on many bikes as it isn't limited to 10 vins as the enthusiast GS911 version is.
You are however, able to use the 911 on any bike to fault code read and clear without inputting a vin.

I bought a used bluetooth version for a lot less than that and it's brilliant.

I guess its that new no one has used it

any info on price or support?

GS911 has a whole forum of users bringing forth their problems to help develop solutions and extend the knowledge

IN saying that it gets it right 9 and a half times out of 10 and for that 1/2 there's the forum

Diagnostic tool

I have checked out to GS-911 and unless you purchase a professional you only get limited vins, also if you don't purchase the Bluetooth version you need a laptop. Professional GS 911 runs out around £500 and if I'm correct it is web-based. Were the duonix-bikescan-100 has unlimited vins and is diagnosed through the actual hand held set. Coming in at a cost of around £350, not really sure which one to go for. Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with duonix-bikescan-100.

I went down the GS-911WIFI route - a lot of money but it really is a good bit of kit. It does a lot more than just code reading and clearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have checked out to GS-911 and unless you purchase a professional you only get limited vins, also if you don't purchase the Bluetooth version you need a laptop. Professional GS 911 runs out around £500 and if I'm correct it is web-based. Were the duonix-bikescan-100 has unlimited vins and is diagnosed through the actual hand held set. Coming in at a cost of around £350, not really sure which one to go for. Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with duonix-bikescan-100.

If you are just diagnosing faults, the use of the bike's Vin is totally Unnecessary

The 10 Vin limit on the enthusiast version is merely for resetting service indicators and extra vin allowances can be purchased

What I am saying is that the GS911 is a VERY good and already Proven Tool

Diagnostic tool

Thanks for that DrFarkoff, I will probably opt for the GS 911 professional as the vins are important as I intend to do my own service in probably at shorter intervals than BMW. If that is the one you would recommend may ask if you have used one and they are relatively easy to use? Probably go for the Bluetooth version so I can take it with me on longer journeys.

Thanks for that DrFarkoff, I will probably opt for the GS 911 professional as the vins are important as I intend to do my own service in probably at shorter intervals than BMW. If that is the one you would recommend may ask if you have used one and they are relatively easy to use? Probably go for the Bluetooth version so I can take it with me on longer journeys.

If you have a smart phone you can bluetooth & run live data logging and it will store & save the results, not sure how to access them lol (first attempt went wrong)

Also if you set your own phone as a contact, you can get the fault codes sent to you via SMS

Diagnostic tool

Thanks for the Santa-2512, may I ask how do you use them for the service clearing and reset? I have read you can do it by mileage or date. Is anyone aware of any YouTube channels for the service reset?

Diagnostic tool

looks good Ian, wounder if it gives you the option to download in English? Also cannot find a ELM 327 for the BMW motorcycle everyone just states cars!

looks good Ian, wounder if it gives you the option to download in English? Also cannot find a ELM 327 for the BMW motorcycle everyone just states cars!

I have downloaded the ap from google play and all in english. Looks good.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.wgsoft.motoscan&hl=en

There is a video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ET0FLheZTQ

Here is the adaptor:
https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...toscan.de/diagnoseadapter/&edit-text=&act=url

Ian

Diagnostic tool

Hi Ian, or anyone else who can help managed to get all the hardware and downloaded the Moto scan on old phone, and also managed to get the bike and hardware to work partially with the software, only downloaded the free version as it does ask you to check before upgrading to the full version.

Only managed to open part of the engine and the MOT section which gives you information on the bike the build and the Vin number ect. After that everything else just wouldn't communicate. Do you think upgrading to the full version will cure this?

By the way it does look quite cool if :)I can get it all up and running, thanks once again Ian:):beerjug:

John,

I think the ODB adaptor needs to have the latest firmware upgrade. He does recommend an adaptor on his web pages but does say that some others partially work.

Regarding the GS911 why do you need the professional version? I think the enthusiast has 10 VINs so unless you have a lot of bikes it should last a while. (You can upgrade to professional at a later date I think).

I was thinking of ordering the adaptor (which can also be used with the car) and trying the motoscan ap. Looking at ordering this adaptor:
http://www.scantool-direct.co.uk/obdlink-lx-bluetooth-scan-tool--obd-interface-290-p.html

Also considering GS911 but not sure which way to go!

Ian

Since the new bikes have moved to the OBD2 standard, is it plausible that the scanner I used on my car could also be used on the bike?

Hi, everybody. I have motoscan software for android and it works perfectly, the only problem is that you only can use these obd2 bluetooth adapters, the OBDLINK LX, or the OBDLINK Mx, and they are most expensive than others. I got the LX. You can try a cheaper one, but the people say that you only can read some parameters, not all, and can't write information like reset service interval. Maybe there is one that works well, but I don't know it.
Futhermore you will need an adaptor, I bought this one:

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32614466666.html?spm=a2g0n.search-cache.0.0.2CKNVH#autostay
There are some of them cheaper, but I bought this one because in the feedback I read that I worked fine.
Last, check that not all versions of motoscan have the same options, so choose the adequate one for your needs.
Kind regards.

Back
Top Bottom