In trouble.. in Wales. gearbox selector problem.

In the Carole Nash policy it states that they will not spend more on the value of the bike to recover it. I think the key is to understand the value of the bike and perhaps get an agreed value. The issue I had in Romania was their loss adjuster simply looked for the cheapest R100 he could find in the UK - He came back with the £1000 valuation based on this despite me telling him it was a 100GS PD. to get from Drobeta-Turnu Severin (in Romania) the Hungarian border was going to cost 700 Euros and would then need similarly expensive national hops to get home.

Gavin Bell came to my rescue (he was living near Brasov at the time) Carol nash agreed to pay for my travel to Gavins place for around 800 Euros where I fixed the bike myself.

1EE121BA-204C-4108-AEE0-E6073A8958AE-256-0000002BEA1A005E_zpsad5e4e07.jpg

In the Carole Nash policy it states that they will not spend more on the value of the bike to recover it. I think the key is to understand the value of the bike and perhaps get an agreed value. The issue I had in Romania was their loss adjuster simply looked for the cheapest R100 he could find in the UK - He came back with the £1000 valuation based on this despite me telling him it was a 100GS PD. to get from Drobeta-Turnu Severin (in Romania) the Hungarian border was going to cost 700 Euros and would then need similarly expensive national hops to get home.

Gavin Bell came to my rescue (he was living near Brasov at the time) Carol nash agreed to pay for my travel to Gavins place for around 800 Euros where I fixed the bike myself.

1EE121BA-204C-4108-AEE0-E6073A8958AE-256-0000002BEA1A005E_zpsad5e4e07.jpg

Fixed by swopping gearbox out or did you get stuck in to it?

Its amazing how flawed that spring is. I was by coincidence clearing aeway stuff when I found a letter sent to me in 1994 ish by a Dave Cook who had just retrurned from a long trip in eastern Europe of perhaps further afield and the spring was the only thing that went wrong for huim. that spring must have caused endless amounts of grief for various riders over the years. Was there ever a reliable fix, a spring that does not come unsprung?

It was cheaper and easier to fly home from Gavins. Finish off a spare gearbox I had, swap them out and ship the old one back. Sounds crazy but the entire round trip (including trains) was £350.

I'd ridden 1200 miles on a gearbox with a failed output shaft bearing which is saying something for the gearboxes.

Back
Top Bottom