Tower bridge to montreil sur mer for recon and cheese !

Joe narvey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Took advantage of the cheap eurotunnel fares (£37) and nipped to montreuil to confirm some local logistics for a group trip in July and to visit fav cheese shop.

M25 M20 and cheeky McD breakfast on route. Booked on the 920 as my mate rode from north of Cambridge.

Clear lanes but slow..
2d4c531e9b06fa3fb27a217a2d818ec9.jpg

A group of Austrian bikers including some on Ducati multistradas with plenty of mods.

57c959d82896ee6782f28cbb5c6e70d2.jpg

Interestingly they were drinking tins of Guiness on the train..

Avoided the A16 as impressive it is the coast road is better. First exit off the A16 and follow for the 940 along the coast, lovely sweeping bends, plenty of view ahead, minimal slow areas.

Quick visit to a WW2 gun musee I have t seen before. I say visit but I just looked over the fence and turned around.

Through to bologne then back roads towards le touquet and back roads to Madeline sous montreil and then montrieul for soup, quiche and half a beer at the pot du clappe

0d43e7507b2e0345247624b2d2b1316e.jpg

Admin at the tourist office ( tickets for a show in July), check secure bike parking for a group in July at the hotel (le Coq), check the table at the restaurant (darnetal), check th booking at the restaurant and order 12 sulkling pig ( or is it sulking pig?).

Cheese shop for the new release of some snazzy local cheese ( in the corner of the town square). Couple of baquettes for home.

Quick blast up the A16 to the terminal and we meet a chap with a ural with side car .. very nice.

36944db1b2e47dded062c7f7feda107b.jpg

More GS owners on the train back. Exit the twin and moments later it M20 all the way to blackheath / Greenwich and home in time for Dr Who !

Not the cheapest way to buy cheese but a good day out

Montreuil sur mer is a lovely wee town for a weekend.

Good walk around the walls and some good restaurants.

Shame The Wine Society closed their place there but there are other opportunities for purchasing!

Montreuil sur mer is a lovely wee town for a weekend.

Good walk around the walls and some good restaurants.

Shame The Wine Society closed their place there but there are other opportunities for purchasing!

Try vinophile for quality and range. Or the place in the town square next door to the pub. The cashier at the wine society (Marc) is involved in running the regions bike trips and camping trips/ treasure hunts and music. If you know him I can send you his email if you want to stay in touch.

Back
Top Bottom