BMW clothing warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutty

Reaction score
Does anyone know what warranty BMW give on their clothes? The zip on my summer jacket is knackered.

Not sure about BMW stuff but I can tell you that on Rukka jackets it is 5 years or 6 years if bought in the UK :augie

I hope that helps? :dabone

Bmw is 2 years. Even if hardly used.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Just had a Street Guard jacket replaced under warranty as I said it leaked in a conversation with friends, this was overheard by the clothing sales staff at Baldersons, unbeknown to me they ordered me a replacement and text me when it arrived to do a swap, cant do better service than that.

found this on http://https://www.bmw-motorrad-bohling.com/uk/conditions-of-use

BMW USA give 12 months

§ 4 Warranty

(1) The statutory warranty rights are applicable.

(2) If you are a businessman, the following shall apply, despite the contents of paragraph 1:

a) It is understood that the details provided by us and the product description provided by the manufacturer are the only things that represent the properties and condition of the product in question. Other advertisements, blurbs and statements issued by the manufacturer are not considered to be representative of the properties and condition of the said product.

b) You undertake to promptly examine the goods and pay necessary attention to quality and quantity variances and to notify us in writing (via E-mail, for example) of apparent defects within seven days of receipt; timely dispatch will be sufficient for observing the deadline. This also applies to hidden defects that are detected at a later stage (from the time of discovery onwards). Warranty claims cannot be raised if the obligation to inspect and the obligation to give notice of defects are not fulfilled.

c) In case of defects, we provide guarantee through repair or replacement at our own discretion. If the defect is not removed, you can demand a reduction in the price or withdraw from the contract at your discretion. The defect removal is applicable after a failed second attempt, unless the circumstances prove otherwise, in particular due to the nature of the object and/or defect or other conditions. In case of repair, we must not bear the additional costs, which arise from the transfer of the item to a place other than the place of fulfilment, as far as the transfer does not correspond to the intended use of the item.

d) The warranty period amounts to a period of one year after delivery of the product. The shortened warranty period does not apply in situations involving culpably caused damages that can be attributed to us and which are associated with loss of life, injuries or health-related damages. Furthermore, it does not apply in situations involving damages suffered as a result of gross negligence or malicious intent, or in situations involving deceit or contribution claims as per §§ 478 and 479 of the BGB (German Civil Code).

2 years, my Rallye jacket has frayed fabric and loose stitching at the cuffs, but just out of warranty when I decided to mention it.

Thanks chaps. I can't remember when I bought it, so will see if the dealer has a record of it.

found this on http://https://www.bmw-motorrad-bohling.com/uk/conditions-of-use

BMW USA give 12 months

§ 4 Warranty

(1) The statutory warranty rights are applicable.

(2) If you are a businessman, the following shall apply, despite the contents of paragraph 1:

a) It is understood that the details provided by us and the product description provided by the manufacturer are the only things that represent the properties and condition of the product in question. Other advertisements, blurbs and statements issued by the manufacturer are not considered to be representative of the properties and condition of the said product.

b) You undertake to promptly examine the goods and pay necessary attention to quality and quantity variances and to notify us in writing (via E-mail, for example) of apparent defects within seven days of receipt; timely dispatch will be sufficient for observing the deadline. This also applies to hidden defects that are detected at a later stage (from the time of discovery onwards). Warranty claims cannot be raised if the obligation to inspect and the obligation to give notice of defects are not fulfilled.

c) In case of defects, we provide guarantee through repair or replacement at our own discretion. If the defect is not removed, you can demand a reduction in the price or withdraw from the contract at your discretion. The defect removal is applicable after a failed second attempt, unless the circumstances prove otherwise, in particular due to the nature of the object and/or defect or other conditions. In case of repair, we must not bear the additional costs, which arise from the transfer of the item to a place other than the place of fulfilment, as far as the transfer does not correspond to the intended use of the item.

d) The warranty period amounts to a period of one year after delivery of the product. The shortened warranty period does not apply in situations involving culpably caused damages that can be attributed to us and which are associated with loss of life, injuries or health-related damages. Furthermore, it does not apply in situations involving damages suffered as a result of gross negligence or malicious intent, or in situations involving deceit or contribution claims as per §§ 478 and 479 of the BGB (German Civil Code).

very useful,not:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom